Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

WWII Weapons to be destroyed

Article about: Weapons to be destroyed.. Some are a collectors dream... Click on the icon...BILL Vil ha inn flere våpen - Innenriks - Dagbladet.no

?

Default Re: WWII Weapons to be destroyed

Everytime a gun is deactivated it's destroyed, this does not seem to bother people here. How is this any different ?

Quote by Mick View Post
    Everytime a gun is deactivated it's destroyed, this does not seem to bother people here. How is this any different ?

Because here it doesn't have to be that way. Look, without getting into a huge diatribe and having to defend a soapbox-type argument, I'll try to be brief in expressing my "one man's opinion". Hope you understand. We have a valid piece of fundamental liberty that allows for the keeping of firearms (referring to working ones here). Collectors here hate to see perfectly good firearms (some w/ significant historical value) completely destroyed (melted/chopped/crushed-not just deactivated) in an effort to accomplish a task that is usually a total failure. Those weapons turn-ins here in the US rarely achieve their stated goal (reduce gun crime by getting "illegal" guns off the street, or some similar folly). Instead, little old widow ladies turn in their spouses' perfectly functional war trophies for no reason at all other than to get them out of the house, and are consequently paid a pittance (30-50 GBP, maybe) for something that's worth 5, 10, 20 times more than that. People looking to beat the system turn in crack-barrel pieces of junk that are often no more than a barreled receiver to get a Sprawl-Mart gift card, simply for showing up. Perfectly good hunting rifles and shotguns are turned in by people who have no idea of the liberties they are inherently surrendering when they do this. Frankly, there's a practical problem described here, but it has a very real association with the loss of a liberty that many of us here feel is the proverbial canary in the coalmine. Hope that touches on the major themes here and helps to answer your question.

Quote by Mick View Post
    Hi Mick, I hate that too, but as it is a case of it being the Law there is nothing we can do about it.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Mick, I hate that too, but as it is a case of it being the Law there is nothing we can do about it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Of course you can do something about it, you can go where the laws allow people some freedom. It's that simple.

A nice thought Mick, but not practical for everyone to do that like you have done.

I am happy to visit friends overseas every so often and go shooting with them. Now if you are offering..

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    A nice thought Mick, but not practical for everyone to do that like you have done.

I am happy to visit friends overseas every so often and go shooting with them. Now if you are offering..

Cheers, Ade.
    It was not practical for me either ( or so I thought ) but I still did it, it was the best thing I ever did. You are welcome anytime, come and shoot some sten guns Easter is a good time, the weather is nice and the Calgary gunshow is on all easter weekend.

pmccombs
    ?

Just think of what some of these items could have brought at auction and give proceeds to charitable cause...

?

all governments are looking for more tax dollars why dont they auction them to collectors ..so they can use the profit to fund charitable causes. makes no sense other than to show us the control they have..

I really wish i never watched that video that has made me really sad i wish just wish i could buy them wepons and keep them in a private collection i mean that MG42 the LUGER pistols and the Mauser98 that has really made me sad

VAMPY

Quote by Mick View Post
    You are right, its a shame that this is done to so many nice weapons, but in the UK we have stupid laws to go along with our stupid leaders, sadly we arent the only part of the world like this I'd personally preffer that the weapons were kept under lock and key or in a museum, if that fails even deactivation would be better than destroying them completely.

Thanks

Danny

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast