Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Yugo 24/47 Mauser

Article about: I found this Yugo 24/47 in one of my safes two years ago when we moved. I did not know I had it and had never fired it. Condition is excellent. Mirror bright bore looked unfired. The bolt do

Default Yugo 24/47 Mauser

I found this Yugo 24/47 in one of my safes two years ago when we moved. I did not know I had it and had never fired it. Condition is excellent. Mirror bright bore looked unfired. The bolt does not match, but locks up well.

So last Saturday I was heading to the desert for some long range rifle shooting and brought the Mauser along with a few boxes of Romanian 150gr ammo.

The weather was perfect with a 5mph breeze most of the day. It topped out at about 90f.

We set up our plates at 450 yards, 600 yards, and 800 yards.

Most of the day was spent shooting our M14s and M25s, but the Mauser had about 40 rounds run through her and worked as expected.

A local sporting goods store had these on sale a few years ago and I think that must be when I picked her up. Probably paid $69usd, but might have been $89usd. Either way, money well spent.

Default Re: Yugo 24/47 Mauser

A well spent day.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

how can you be unaware that you possessed a mauser?

Quote by sunsetIE View Post
    how can you be unaware that you possessed a mauser?
    Crazy, huh?

Well, I own a lot of guns and that one was buried in a safe that was kept in the garage.

I recently found a Sporterized Krag that I forgot I had, too. But I remember buying it now that I found it. The Mauser is more of an enigma, though. I have no recollection of buying it, but I never pass up a good deal. I bought a bunch of Turkish Mausers and a K31 at Big5 a few years ago when they were on sale and the Yugo must have gotten tossed in with that bunch. Not sure though.

But I'm glad I bought it, as nice Yugos have dried up and they are no longer "cheap".

Like the rifles, and your customized EK - M5.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Like the rifles, and your customized EK - M5.........!
    Thanks! I did that one last week. It lives in my drag bag and gets used a lot. It is brown canvas Micarta. Finished a Blackjack dagger tonight.