Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Zombie Attack!

Article about: One of your buddies must surely be your brother at the very least!

Default Re: Zombie Attack!

I could use some of you Moison boys for this weekends Moison/Mauser shoot out at the Sacramento Ca. Valley Shooting Center Military Rifle Silhouette Match

When:
    Every third Saturday of each month

Sign in:
    Be at Sacramento Shooting Center range, the silhouette range, no later than 8:15am.

Course of Fire:
    20-30 minute sight in before the match on two of four distances 200/385meters (chickens/Turkeys) or 300/500 meters (Pigs/Rams), low end/high end.

You will be squadded with one other shooter who will spot you hits/misses/call wind changes, Record all sight settings at each distance for each rifle

Each shooter gets 10 minutes for as many sighters on a sighter target and TEN shots for record (bring timer) on ten separate steel targets sitting on a rail.

Each shooter will have a 15minute sight in allowance. Total shots for record are 40. (Have at least 20 more for sighters and potential shoot offs),

• Chickens @ 200 meters, 10 rounds/10 minutes for ten shots..
    • Pigs @ 300 meters10 rounds/10 minutes for ten shots.
    • Turkeys @ 385 meters), 10 rounds/10 minutes for ten shots.
    • Rams @ 500 meters10 rounds/10 minutes for ten shots.

Equipment:
    • Any military rifle made before 1950, modern rifles may shoot if space available but will not be eligible for awards.
    • Slings, shooting jackets and shooting pads can be used.
    • Front support such as bedroll, sand bag, ammo box, or similar rest can be used; no mech. rests can be used.
    • No rear support (other than your hand) is allowed except for disabled shooters.
    • Bench rest positions will be available for disabled shooters who cannot shoot prone.
    • Slip on re-coil pads or stock extenders are allowed.
    Time Limits for Each Stage: 10 minutes for ten shots, the time limit is for "sighters" and all shots for record. Once the "record run" has begun there will be no more sighters.

Silhouette Color: Black or White or mixed for best visibility.

Scenario:
    After 1st shooter shoots you go down range and reset up knocked down targets and repaint targets. (bring gloves/wear good boots/dress warm layers.)

Repeat, after 2nd shooter shoots, you go down range and reset up knocked down targets and repaint targets

Now you go to second set of targets and repeat above.

After two shooters shoot both targets each line will be called safe and you move to next end/set of new targets and repeat above.

At end of match turn in scores and be ready for any shoot off’s (two tie scores) to determine winners (ALWAYS Record/remember your “TURKEY” sight settings), all shoot offs are shot on turkey line.

Coaching/spotter responsibility:
    It is the spotter’s responsibility to give the shooter correct information on where the shooter hit either on sighter target or record target, pay attention while shooting and while spotting, if you did not see the hit on or near the target tell your shooter, do not give false information when you did not see a hit. Tell the shooter when wind picks up or lets down so that he can make wind changes to sights or hold over/off if using a scope. What ever system you use confirm with fellow shooter what the method is and stick to it. Your challenge is to beat the wind at long distance by making sight changes BEFORE shooting, GUESSING a sight change works also (sometimes), its still better than doing nothing to change sights to keep in the center of the target.

Bring water/hot drink, and sandwich/snacks, match ends around 12:30

Quote by Tango View Post
    Joe looks like an excellent day on the ranges..I would love to fire some of weapons..but it ain't happening in the UK!!! boo hoo.. Thanks for sharing.. Cheers Terry.
    sounds like you need to come up here to scotland *ahem* saying no more...

?

Mr Brataccas you tell me where & I'll be there lol... Cheers Terry.

Thanks for the kind words, folks. We had a hell of a time... and yeah, I hate the snow.

Excellent pics! But surely you 'need' an AR for proper zombie slaying!

Come the zombie apocalypse I'll be relying on my AR15 and Mossberg 500

Quote by Richard_J View Post
    Excellent pics! But surely you 'need' an AR for proper zombie slaying!

Come the zombie apocalypse I'll be relying on my AR15 and Mossberg 500
    No chance of getting an AR here now in NY...

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    No chance of getting an AR here now in NY...
    That's a bit crap, and people think the UK is bad........

?

I'm going to shoot in a Vintage Sniper Match in March down at QUantico. Myshooting teammate is another retired Army colonel -he has dubbed us the Double Eagles. We hope to put up some high scores with our Mosin Nagant PUs this time - we ended in the middle of the pack last match but had several rookie errors that knocked us down.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Who doesn't like Nazi Zombies? My personal best was 38 on 'Kino der Untoten'.
    That's a great map! I really hope they revisit WW2 when the next generation of consoles come out.

Quote by MarkV View Post
    I'm going to shoot in a Vintage Sniper Match in March down at QUantico. Myshooting teammate is another retired Army colonel -he has dubbed us the Double Eagles. We hope to put up some high scores with our Mosin Nagant PUs this time - we ended in the middle of the pack last match but had several rookie errors that knocked us down.
    I wish the Double Eagles much luck! Let us know how you do... and I'll see you in Allentown next month!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast