Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

200-by-200-foot swastika Made out of trees found ...And cut down.

Article about: Who else thinks this is where Hitlers gold is!? German authorities chopped down dozens of russet-colored larch trees that had been planted to form a giant swastika in a forest of evergreen p

ian
    ?

Default Re: 200-by-200-foot swastika Made out of trees found ...And cut down.

the more i look at the picture ,,the more i believe it to be photoshoped ,, it just does not look right at all,,i know there is a newspaper article to go with it
    but that picture just looks wrong somehow ???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 200-by-200-foot swastika Made out of trees found ...And cut down.
    P
    Many

"A site of pilgrimage for neo-Nazis"?? How sadly absurd.....beautiful 75 year old trees cut down and destroyed because of ridiculous political correctness... I wonder what the trees of the same age and color to the lower left in the photo were about? Obviously from the same plantings...

Somehow, I just cannot picture a bunch of goose-stepping neo-Nazis in clown suits hiking through the forest and finally getting to the site just so they could all join hands and dance around the trees shouting "Heil Hitler!" and singing the Horst Wessel Lied....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

This world is just stupid. One guy says save the trees, the other chops them down. Even trees offend people these days.....wow what a society.

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Hmm.

It strikes me that even if all the larch trees were cut down, there would still be a big swastika shaped hole in the forest...............

It's not as if more trees of the same height can be replanted in there.............

Defeats the object a bit.
    LOL.... I thought the same thing. Instead of a Swastika that can be seen only in the fall....now its a swastika shaped, no tree, outline that can be seen EVERYDAY.

This would be true, IF All of the trees had been chopped, but note that the article says that only Some of them were, as the rest are on private land! So...a Half a swastika? Even weirder...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

"The only good nazi tree is a dead nazi tree".
    General George S. Patton
    November 1944
    Lol :-)

.....who cares .......think political correctness sadly gets more silly as time goes by.......instead of spending money and time cutting these down...put the funds to good causes...sadly that wont happen...

?

Hard to believe a shape that appears a few weeks a year in a remote area that's only visible from over 1,000 feet in the air can be offensive! How can nature be offensive?!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 200-by-200-foot swastika Made out of trees found ...And cut down.  
    Attached Images Attached Images 200-by-200-foot swastika Made out of trees found ...And cut down.  200-by-200-foot swastika Made out of trees found ...And cut down.  200-by-200-foot swastika Made out of trees found ...And cut down.  200-by-200-foot swastika Made out of trees found ...And cut down. 

What on earth happened and so many comments were deleted? I'm curious on what was said and was unrelated to the topic!

If the shape of the trees is offensive then why they don't bring down and that swastika shaped house in Munich?
    Attached Images Attached Images 200-by-200-foot swastika Made out of trees found ...And cut down. 

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    What on earth happened and so many comments were deleted? I'm curious on what was said and was unrelated to the topic!

If the shape of the trees is offensive then why they don't bring down and that swastika shaped house in Munich?
    Isn't that a Mercedes G4 parked outside....???

200-by-200-foot swastika Made out of trees found ...And cut down.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast