Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Adolf Hitler Book from his personal library

Article about: Thanks John! What a cool piece of history

?

Default Re: Adolf Hitler Book from his personal library

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    These have been around since I began collecting, and are strictly designed to separate the new collector from his money...along with various "Berghof" Silverware, dinnerware, calling cards, dubious Eva Braun items, etc...I believe I can safely say that the experienced, educated collector stays away from these items unless provenance can be proven beyond a doubt...Arming yourself with knowledge is your best defense, friend....Good luck in your endeavor!
    cheers, Glenn
    Gasp, choke, cough.
    You mean Eva Brauns panties that Col.? Snyder sold were not real????? Gasp, Gasp.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf Hitler Book from his personal library
    P
    Many

I understand that the soiled ones are the only accepted originals...lol...
    cheers, Glenn

Haha I have heard about the legendary collection of Eva Braun items.....

If old Charlie is to be believed, ol' Eva had more panties than Imelda Marcos had Shoes...
    Last edited by Wagriff; 06-26-2013 at 07:25 PM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I have looked at your book plate in the book. It appears to be a fake. The real ones were not that color ink and the paper used is wrong. I have 2 Original book plates in my collection. I have studied these book plates to some extent and you can spot a fake from real ones easly. Most fakes were using black ink instead of the redish Composition ink used to provent Counterfeiting at the time. Just my observation.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Thanks John for the help! May I see a picture of the original bookplates you have for future reference?

Thanks,

Aaron

Quote by guns ltd View Post
    I have looked at your book plate in the book. It appears to be a fake. The real ones were not that color ink and the paper used is wrong. I have 2 Original book plates in my collection. I have studied these book plates to some extent and you can spot a fake from real ones easly. Most fakes were using black ink instead of the redish Composition ink used to provent Counterfeiting at the time. Just my observation.

John

Yes. I can post a new picture when I get home. I have one picture here in my photos, but it is not very good.

Thank you very much sir!

I think this area of collecting is one that you should slowly build up to while gaining experience and knowledge in other areas of TR collectibles, at best. I'd rather go for Hitler related period art, such as plaques, busts and candid photos etc. if you really want to have a representative personality related collection consisting of authentic period artifacts... this rather than getting into the shark infested field of collecting that is Hitler's SUPPOSED personal belongings --- as noted before these are surely rare and the ones you see "out there" labeled as such are more often than not 100% fantasy/no provenance items= a waste of money and time.

Here is a set of real book plates. During that era all of the books that were "not to be Destroyed" would have these. All the ones I have ran across look like this one. With Exlibris Adolf Hitler on them. ( This doesnot mean they were Adolf Hitlers personal book plates)Please note the paper and the color of the ink. Also the plates that were used to make these were very well engraved by fine craftsman. Just like paper money plates.
    The Nazi's didn't want anyone to Counterfeit these. I know my pictures are not the greatest, but I am not going to unseal them from the frame. I also have pictures of the information on the back. I am the 4th owner of these as I aquired them from the man that purchase them from Christie's Auction House in London. many many years ago.
    I have spent many hours on Researching Nazi book plates. Their isn't that much information.
    I hope this helps.

JohnAdolf Hitler Book from his personal libraryAdolf Hitler Book from his personal libraryAdolf Hitler Book from his personal library

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast