Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Adolf Hitler Profile Plaque

Article about: Hey, just a bit of friendly advice... I don't see this particular "iOffer" plaque on any of those dealer sites.

Default Re: Adolf Hitler Profile Plaque

Hey, just a bit of friendly advice... I don't see this particular "iOffer" plaque on any of those dealer sites.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf Hitler Profile Plaque
    P
    Many

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Hey, just a bit of friendly advice... I don't see this particular "iOffer" plaque on any of those dealer sites.
    I don't mean to cause offence.
    The plaque in question that I originally posted has not been offered on iOffer but through a private seller.

Thank you, Glen.

None taken. According to others posting it seems to be a lot of them on iOffer at suspiciously varying prices, which is partly why I'm not really getting a good feeling about this particular type -- no matter where you've found this particular example. Just an observation/my personal opinion on the item in question.

?

Glen - As there were a number of profiles during the III Reich, relative to AH in various materials etc it is very difficult to really tell if the profile pictured is period or not - possibly if you could see the reverse side there may be tell tale signs i.e. maker,hanger etc. I have a few profiles and have taken pictures so you can see some of what I am talking about. Not all period profiles etc look old /worn etc ,guess it would help if the item was in hand. Very hard to tell if period or not .
    Horst

Adolf Hitler Profile PlaqueAdolf Hitler Profile Plaque
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Quote by Horst View Post
    Glen - As there were a number of profiles during the III Reich, relative to AH in various materials etc it is very difficult to really tell if the profile pictured is period or not - possibly if you could see the reverse side there may be tell tale signs i.e. maker,hanger etc. I have a few profiles and have taken pictures so you can see some of what I am talking about. Not all period profiles etc look old /worn etc ,guess it would help if the item was in hand. Very hard to tell if period or not .
    Horst

Adolf Hitler Profile PlaqueAdolf Hitler Profile Plaque
    Hello Horst,

Thank you very much for your help! Loving your AH plaques and thanks for showing!

I will try and get a picture of the back of the plaque. If all looks good I can get it for £40 inc. postage so not a bad price.

Thank you, Glen.

Hey guys,

I have got a couple more pictures.
    These pictures show some rust and oxidation round the edges.
    His head is 17 x 24cm and weighs 2.225kgs.

Thank you, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adolf Hitler Profile Plaque   Adolf Hitler Profile Plaque  

Adolf Hitler Profile Plaque   Adolf Hitler Profile Plaque  

It has obviously been in that frame for at least 5 minutes. Why has it been done so recently? To perhaps make it more saleable? It doesn't take a forensic scientist to see that this is a cobbled together piece of a very dubious plaque on a new frame, new mount, held together with new panel pins and a new suspension hook. I personally, along with 90% of the respondents to this thread think it's no good, but you seem bent on getting it Glen, so you obviously like it. If you can get it for 40 quid why not? It maybe genuine afterall. As long as you're happy with owning it, that's all that really matters isn't it?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    It has obviously been in that frame for at least 5 minutes. Why has it been done so recently? To perhaps make it more saleable? It doesn't take a forensic scientist to see that this is a cobbled together piece of a very dubious plaque on a new frame, new mount, held together with new panel pins and a new suspension hook. I personally, along with 90% of the respondents to this thread think it's no good, but you seem bent on getting it Glen, so you obviously like it. If you can get it for 40 quid why not? It maybe genuine afterall. As long as you're happy with owning it, that's all that really matters isn't it?

Regards, Ned.
    I agree with Ned and all the others who have tried to give you good advice Glen, but if you think it is a good price for what most people think is a copy/fantasy Hitler plague, which it probably is, then buy it. I am sure an original would cost more than that and the price itself is another clue to the authenticity of the item, but for what it appears to be, it might well be a good price.

Happy belated 18th birthday wishes. It was my birthday last week as well, though it has been a long time since I was 18.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

All the best for your 18th mate, as for the plaque run away the verdigris corrosion look pretty fake as i can see rust on it as well!...

You've only got to compare it with the plaques Horst has shown, that next to them it's a weird, distorted image, a 'grotesque' as they say, that has more in common with a Hallow'een mask than a suitable homage to 'The Leader'. You'd probably have been shot for churning something like this out in the period, and deservedly so....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast