Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Adolf Hitler's Coffee Cup

Article about: by Scout Quite the find. I agree and I am shocked to learn that these aren't worth more money to the collector community considering the amount of history behind these. William Kramer

Default Adolf Hitler's Coffee Cup

I have this coffee cup in my collection. It belonged to the Aunty of my grandmother, who lived up in Falkirk. She passed away in 2001 and my grandmother found the cup in one of her cupboards.

The cup was given to me, along with a nazi party badge.

With my grandmothers Aunty and her husband (Pvt William B Horne, Gordon Highlanders WWI) passed on, there is no way to find out how they managed to pick up these two items other than speculation.

The two had a very big caravan, and spent some years travelling Europe after the war. It is my belief that somehow on a visit to the British sector of Berlin they managed to pick up the cup and badge.

After having the cup in my collection not knowing really what it was or where it was from, a friend of mine sent me a link to a German military collectors site. On the site there was Reichbahn porcelain from the railway carriage of Herman Goerring. My cup had similar design features to that of the Goerring porcelain.

After doing a little bit of research I managed to find out that the cup I owned was probably from Goerrings train too. But after digging deeper into the Deutsche Bahn website, I managed to track down the details and history of the carriage associated with the number on the bottom of my cup.

To my suprise the cup belonged to the dining saloon car of the Fuhrersonderzug Erika, Hitlers private train.
    The number on the bottom of the cup is the abrieviation of code "10 242" which is the number of one of the dining cars of Hitler's train.

After the war the railway car was used as a headquaters by Field Marschall Montgomery in the British Sector of Berlin. He made the railway car his command vehicle since most of the buildings in Berlin were flattened as a result of the heavy bombings.

The carriage was returned to the Deutsch Bahn in the 1950's and still saw active use.

Please see photos of the cup and see the link to the DB website.

I am looking to sell the cup, but have no idea on the value. Considering the rarity of the item and the history associated with cup, it is very hard to put a figure on it.

Hope you enjoy this story.

Alan.

Salonwagen der Deutschen Reichsbahn vor 1945: Sdr R 6ü-40, 10 245 Bln
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adolf Hitler's Coffee Cup   Adolf Hitler's Coffee Cup  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf Hitler's Coffee Cup
    P
    Many

Default Re: Adolf Hitler's Coffee Cup

Hi and Welcome ! Very impressive cup you have ! i agree with you for the number 242 (10242 ), This wagon was replaced by 245 in 1940

List of Hilter train

two anti-aircraft-gun -car built 1939 and 1941
    two luggage-and engine-cars built 1937/38
    one personal salon car for Hitler built 1937 10206
    one conference car built 1938 10252
    two dinning cars built 1937/38 10242 and 10244 since dec 1940 wagon 10242 was replaced by 10245 built 1940
    three sleeping cars for the staff built 1937/1938 10221 and 10222 10223
    two slepping cars for guests built 1937 10231 10232
    one bath car built 1939 10281
    one salon car for the press chief Dr DIETRICH built 1937 10251

Pierre

here pic of my saucer from wagon 10244
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adolf Hitler's Coffee Cup   Adolf Hitler's Coffee Cup  

here color pic of wagon 10242
    Attached Images Attached Images Adolf Hitler's Coffee Cup 

wow Pierre, Thanks for sharing! nice colour picture too!

The only other information I could find on the cup was from a modelling website which states:

On this model the train of Hitler called "Erika"is reproduced .

This train was composed of 13 cars of Deutsche Reichsbahn:
    - 105 060 Bln - SalMaschPw4ük-37 - Luggage and electric generator.
    - 105 062 Bln - SalMaschPw4ük-37 - Luggage and electric generator.
    - 10 206 Bln - Sal4ü-37 - personal Show of A.Hitler.
    - 10 252 Bln - SalBer4ü-3å - Room of conference.
    - 10 242 Bln - SalR4ü-37 - Restaurant.
    - 10 244 Bln - SalR4ü-37 - Restaurant.
    - 10 221 Bln - SalBegl4ü-37 - Berths for the personnel.
    - 10 222 Bln - SalBegl4ü-37 - Berths for the personnel.
    - 10 223 Bln - SalBegl4ü-37 - Berths for the personnel.
    - 10 231 Bln - SalL4ü-37 - Beds for guests.
    - 10 232 Bln - SalL4ü-37 - Beds for guests.
    - 10 281 Bln - SalBad6ü-39 - Bathroom.
    - 10 251 Bln - SalPresse4ü-37 - Room of press.

This train also was equipped with two coaches of anti-aircraft defence equipped each of two quadruple mountings of 20mm.

Source: Hitler's train "Erika" - World War II Forums

Two very stunning pieces , im so jealous , cheers Raymond

Stunning fotos......So great

truly unique. im so impressed with the quality of the members on this site, my best find so far!! keep it up!!

Autocad1965
    ?

Message to Mr. Alan Goodyear - I apologize for the possible ignorance of my question, but you mentioned a party badge that you own along with the tea-cup. (Or what appears to me to be a tea-cup anyway) Any additional information on the NSDAP badge, such as stamping, identification etc.? I was simply wondering if we could trace it to a particular owner. BTW - the cup is fascinating as well. (Picture of the NSDAP badge possibly?) Regards, Jim Hudspith - Ohio, United States of America.

?

Top grade pieces. It is collectors like you boys that keep historical items from disappearing into the dustbin of time.

Steve

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast