Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

AH flatware identification

Article about: Ladies/Gentlemen and others, I'm looking for help with identifying some AH silverware. The reason I ask is that I just translated a period silverware order form for the Eagles Nest...And the

Default AH flatware identification

Ladies/Gentlemen and others, I'm looking for help with identifying some AH silverware. The reason I ask is that I just translated a period silverware order form for the Eagles Nest...And there's so many specific pieces that were requested. This guy had a piece of flatware made for every kind of food available. Thanks!!

1. Butter knife, cheese knife, dinner table dagger??? I know it's not a fish knife, I know what those look like.

2. I've never seen a knife like this...anywhere. Is it a fruit knife? Crustaceans knife?

3. Serving fork - Is it a cake serving fork? Salad serving fork? or just a general Serving Fork?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement AH flatware identification
    P
    Many

?

1) Butter knife

2) Not sure...but I do know that orange knives (yes, they do exist!) have two different edges, with the upper edge serrated moreso than the lower...

3) Salad serving fork - Solingen produced very similar pieces

Butter knife - I just found a picture of this butter knife...sorry for the blurred picture. Would it be possible to have two different styles?

AH flatware identificationAH flatware identification

Nice not often seen AH formal pieces.

Cheese knife, would be my guess.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you Erich S. I have a few unique pieces. I'll be parting with some of the duplicates soon.

?

[QUOTE=Berghof;1627149]Butter knife - I just found a picture of this butter knife...sorry for the blurred picture. Would it be possible to have two different styles?

I would say that looks more like a butter spreading knife.

An impressive collection. I have about 9 pieces of the AH formal pattern in my small collection.

With AH stamped stuff what are the chances AH himself hold and dined with them or were these made for very close people around him too?

The AH Formal pattern was just that-made for formal occasions. Hitler was a Head of State -the leader of one of the most important and powerful countries on Earth and the prestigious officials came from around the World to meet with him-as well as from just Europe itself. The silverware would have been used during banquets, meetings and visitations and would have been used by any number of important people-including Hitler himself. The myriad of big names that may (and did) have handled and used the silverware is overwhelming in it's possibilities.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast