Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Any ideas?

Article about: Hi All, I just picked this up from an antiques fair but I have no real idea what it is. The seller says it was possibly a car hood ornament which looks possible due to the threaded bits. Its

Looking at the threads, do you think they are screw threaded. It may be my eyes but they appear to be more for holding when pushed into a more maliable medium such as wood or rubber

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any ideas?
    P
    Many

Quote by robin morley View Post
    Looking at the threads, do you think they are screw threaded. It may be my eyes but they appear to be more for holding when pushed into a more maliable medium such as wood or rubber
    Ive had a good look at the threads (and included more pics) and they are indeed a helix but sadly I can't find a nut to try on it.
    On looking at them they aren't as rounded as they appear in my original picture.

The last picture is it with the merit badge I bought with it. As you can see, it's not very big so Im pretty sure a desk ornament (all be it new or old) is the best thus far but I do like the idea of it being from hitler's bike

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

I suppose whether it is new or old it might be something that can be made into an ornament to spice up a display.

The new images are better to show the threads. They appear to be more well formed than in the previous images. At this point however, it is more if you believe it to be vintage. Without a concrete test, it remains up to you. As far as use, could be anything from an accent piece on a passenger ship to something decorating the interior of a building or on someone's car. Or even, albeit highly unlikely, Hitler's bicycle.
    It will add a little something to a display I think.

Quote by carpediem View Post
    The new images are better to show the threads. They appear to be more well formed than in the previous images. At this point however, it is more if you believe it to be vintage. Without a concrete test, it remains up to you. As far as use, could be anything from an accent piece on a passenger ship to something decorating the interior of a building or on someone's car. Or even, albeit highly unlikely, Hitler's bicycle.
    It will add a little something to a display I think.
    I have had a good look under a lit magnifying glass and sadly I can't find any marks etc. Its is oddly heavy for it's size and seems well made even though the legs with the threads are slightly bent.

I can't see it being a fake as why fake something no one has seen before so for time being I think I will just display it on my shelf with my other items as it does look good with them.

I have scoured the internet for anything similar and all I could find was a hood ornament but thats not to say thats what it is.

I shall keep an open mind on it and hopefully another may turn up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2