Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Army beer stein?

Article about: I am guessing this is post war as there are no insignia shown. It is marked on the bottom 39 and W. the rim is marked 0.4L. Sorry but pic is dire - all I can get from the seller - another re

?

Default Army beer stein?

I am guessing this is post war as there are no insignia shown. It is marked on the bottom 39 and W. the rim is marked 0.4L. Sorry but pic is dire - all I can get from the seller - another red flag!

Army beer stein?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Army beer stein?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Army beer stein?

Hi Al, I like it very much. It will be pre war 1930's.

The rim marking is the capacity.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Well I never. I suppose $6 is good then. I'll try to get it shipped.

You can always ship it to me

An excellent deal.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I was in Munich last week and a similar-ish one was in an antiques store for 280euro, $6 is a bargain!

i would say Ade is correct in being mid 30s but definatly after 33 as it looks to be propoganda you will notice the soldiers are ww1 but the background is all green and "nice" (exact opposite to ww1) hitler wanted everyone to believe that ww1s "failure" was down to the weirmar constitution and that they would have won if not for them

sorry about the history lesson very nice

Actually I have a shooting award plaque in my collection which is the same design. This shows Reichwehr/early Wehrmacht Heer troops.

Hence my liking of said item
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army beer stein?  

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Actually I have a shooting award plaque in my collection which is the same design. This shows Reichwehr/early Wehrmacht Heer troops.

Hence my liking of said item
    wow very nice

?

Well I am having difficulty with the seller as I am out of state..arrrgh. I will keep plugging away at him. Ade, your plaque looks like it was exactly the same soldier group! I will let you know if I get it.