Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

artworks --- My own

Article about: Hi This is my another artwork. Not really military related, but eagle is often used as military symbol. Sketched firstly with ballpoint pen on 'acid' base paper, took a photo with my poor mo

Default artworks --- My own

Hi
    This is my another artwork. Not really military related, but eagle is often used as military symbol. Sketched firstly with ballpoint pen on 'acid' base paper, took a photo with my poor mobilephone camera, then rendered it with photoshop.

I don't care how ART CRITIC judges it. I like sketching and drawing, that's it.
    Regards
    Last edited by ckkyt003; 11-21-2011 at 11:44 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement artworks --- My own
    P
    Many

Default Re: artworks --- My own

Hi mate, looks good!
    Anything military related you have tackled?

Welcome to the forum by the way

Yeah, here is one. Thanks.

Quote by bikerboyzx6r View Post
    Hi mate, looks good!
    Anything military related you have tackled?

Welcome to the forum by the way

Personally I'm not a fan of using photoshop unless its for photo manipulations, but I do really like the Luftwaffe drawing

Thanks

Danny

Thanks Danny. The PS one is quite fun actually. I used the mouse, then just 'paint' and 'paint'. If using a tablet and its pen to do the rendering, it would be better.

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    Personally I'm not a fan of using photoshop unless its for photo manipulations, but I do really like the Luftwaffe drawing

Thanks

Danny

?

Hey hotshot.
    You sent me a PM and I answered it.
    You still do not understand that a pencil sketch copied on computer paper is not fine art.
    I am not attacking your ability to draw. I am questioning your comprehension as to what constitutes fine art and what doesn't.
    A computer scan of an image on a sheet of acid base computer paper which has a value of 1.25 cents per sheet that will eventually fall off of the paper after it yellows from ultra violate light has absolutely no value as art.
    There is no secondary art market for cheap copies of nice artwork.
    You can draw.
    Your choice of media is the problem. Take some print making courses and learn to do your work on acid free art paper.
    Understand a lot of drawing paper sold as such is NOT acid free.
    Your ability to draw is fine.
    I questioned your techniques after your first post in that I saw someone trying to sell cheap copies as art to forum members which I take exception to. They are not art. They are copies that have a value of approximately 2 cents USD and never will be worth any more than that. Your originals on the other hand if executed on acid free art paper would probably be worth $75 to $100.00 USD at a gallery that handles such subject matter. Understanding that pencil sketches just do not fetch high prices.
    Steve the ART CRITIC

Steve is only trying to protect us members and thanks Steve I value your opinion as I dont know crap about art and Steve is well known around here for his work!! In MO,OK and,KS.
    Wish you luck in your hobby but how it is worded in the last post that was deleted I would pass if offerd to me.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Hey hotshot.
    You sent me a PM and I answered it.
    You still do not understand that a pencil sketch copied on computer paper is not fine art.
    I am not attacking your ability to draw. I am questioning your comprehension as to what constitutes fine art and what doesn't.
    A computer scan of an image on a sheet of acid base computer paper which has a value of 1.25 cents per sheet that will eventually fall off of the paper after it yellows from ultra violate light has absolutely no value as art.
    There is no secondary art market for cheap copies of nice artwork.
    You can draw.
    Your choice of media is the problem. Take some print making courses and learn to do your work on acid free art paper.
    Understand a lot of drawing paper sold as such is NOT acid free.
    Your ability to draw is fine.
    I questioned your techniques after your first post in that I saw someone trying to sell cheap copies as art to forum members which I take exception to. They are not art. They are copies that have a value of approximately 2 cents USD and never will be worth any more than that. Your originals on the other hand if executed on acid free art paper would probably be worth $75 to $100.00 USD at a gallery that handles such subject matter. Understanding that pencil sketches just do not fetch high prices.
    Steve the ART CRITIC
    Do you do military-related artwork? I would like to see it.

Wink Re: artworks --- My own

OK, I did learn something from your comments. I thank you for that. Definitly archival acid free paper is the best choice, and actually one of my friends is helping me on this issue recently. One reason I used standard paper is trying to keep the price low. I sell my prints (hand signed) at about £15 for a set, which contains 14 prints. So about £1 for each print. I don't think this is expensive. So more collectors can have them to decorate their militaria collections. This is my initial thought. After using archival paper, the price will go up for sure.
    BTW, The original drawings are all on acid free paper and used aerosol fixative spray on them.

Anyway, thank you. Mr Steve. I believe all artist, professional or amateur, love as well as hate an ART CRITIC, hehe
    Last edited by ckkyt003; 11-22-2011 at 02:27 AM.

Steve, I'd like to see some of your artworks as well. Don't have to be military related. I just wanna learn something. Cheers.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Do you do military-related artwork? I would like to see it.
    Last edited by ckkyt003; 11-22-2011 at 02:36 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast