Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Assorted Demitasse Spoons

Article about: Hello All, I just picked up some spoons and wanted some opinions from the experts. Here's what I have. The spoons are very small and are hard to photograph (with a phone camera). Any feedbac

Default Assorted Demitasse Spoons

Hello All, I just picked up some spoons and wanted some opinions from the experts. Here's what I have. The spoons are very small and are hard to photograph (with a phone camera). Any feedback is welcome. Thanks!

Attachment 942506

1. Iron Cross - Not too sure what this is. The cross has a small crown on the top and 1914 on the bottom of the cross. The maker mark is WMF80 with a g in a box.

Assorted Demitasse SpoonsAssorted Demitasse Spoons

2. Two Haus Der Kunst (House of Art) spoons. These seem pretty straight forward. The maker mark is Bruckmann 90.

3. Herman Goering spoon. Has anyone seen this style before?

4. Deutsche Reichsbahn spoon. That has the Bruckmann mark that's found on Hitlers formal silver. The spoon is stamped 244.

5. Eva Braun spoon. Who knows about this one...I'm skeptical of anything that is engraved. I picked these up in a lot, I wouldn't have bought this one if it was separate. The maker mark is illegible to my eyes. Any feedback on this piece?

Attachment 942515Attachment 942516

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assorted Demitasse Spoons
    P
    Many

?

Are you sure they are not coke spoons ?
    They could be for digging boogers out of your nose or flipping rabbit turds at people at parties that you want to annoy.

Honestly I know nothing about spoons unless it is off of an American grenade.
    Hopefully some one that knows more about these will chime in friend.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Are you sure they are not coke spoons ?
    They could be for digging boogers out of your nose or flipping rabbit turds at people at parties that you want to annoy.
    They're the perfect size for all of the above.

#1 was manufactured by WMF, Württembergische Metallwarenfabrik AG, of Geislingen, Germany. The pattern is Modell No. 2700, designed for WMF by Kurt Mayer in 1932 and in production from 1933-1973 (with an interruption during the war when WMF reverted to military production).

The marks in the photos aren't very clear, but look to me like "WMF90," the standard thickness of silverplate, with possibly a "9" or "6" in the box, indicating the number of grams of silver used to plate a dozen of these pieces. WMF80 is not impossible, but I've never actually seen a piece plated to that standard (i.e., 80).

It's a common pattern and shows up regularly on the online auction sites.

The cross is not part of the original design.

With regard to several of the other pieces, the marks for standard German echtsilber (solid silver) are a crescent moon, a crown, and 800. These are general marks, not specific to any one maker.

This is worth taking a look at, although it's a table spoon.

Wittmann Militaria #36575C #36575C Deutsche Reichsbahn Hitler Car Table Spoon

And a demi tasse spoon, but from Gorings train.

Wittmann Militaria #36578C Deutsche Reichsbahn G

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you all for the input!

And for looking at Whittmann's site. It makes me ill to think that I missed the below auction by minutes. It was a few months back. All pieces marked 244....sold for $700 + 20% buyers premium.

Assorted Demitasse Spoons

Boys with their toys....and too much time on my hands. I just got one of those USB microscopes...35 bucks. I thought it would be interesting to post some closeups of the spoon details.

1. Goring spoon and rear stamp - this thing is smaller than my pinky nail. I don't see the vibrating skip marks that are usually associated with engraving. All the lines are smooth. Is this stamped?

2. "Braun" Spoon - front and rear. This engraving looks much different than the Goring Shield.

Attachment 955781Attachment 955782

3. Reichsbahn Spoon

Assorted Demitasse SpoonsAssorted Demitasse SpoonsAssorted Demitasse Spoons

4. Patriotic spoon - You can see the solder bleed out from behind the cross.

I got a USB 'scope a couple of years back, great ain't they? Looking at the spoons, I really like the look of them, especially the Goring family crested one, that's quality! I also like the others as well, but I can't be sure on the Eva Braun one, for some reason I get lairy when anything linked to her comes onto the market!!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I'm like a mad man with this microscope now. Helmet decals are next!

After getting a closeup of the Goring crest, it does look like quality. I'm with you on the Braun stuff. I would have definitely passed if it didn't come with the other spoons.

Okay...just one more post. I got some closeups of AH asparagus tongs. You can see where the stamp jumped and double marked on the right side of the eagle/H. I think I can see some of his dinner on the tips.

Assorted Demitasse SpoonsAssorted Demitasse SpoonsAssorted Demitasse Spoons