Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Biergkrug

Article about: I thought I would share these here prior to deleting the images. I collected for quite some time but am moving on. It is my hope that posting these in a new forum will further others in thei

Default Biergkrug

I thought I would share these here prior to deleting the images. I collected for quite some time but am moving on. It is my hope that posting these in a new forum will further others in their collecting interests and help to educate.

These are widely known in the West as Steins although they are known formerly as Bierkrug, Maßkrug, Humpen. Many of those that purport to be III.Reich are modern reproductions some using original era stoneware. Many from the period are handpainted but decals were also used.

Up first two potbellied Bierkrug.

Biergkrug

Biergkrug

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Biergkrug
    P
    Many

Default Re: Biergkrug

These are the standard Bierkrug size we are all familiar with, the 1/2 Liter.

The first is a very nice handpainted porcelian example showing the toning one would expect to see to the gold leafing. Reproductions will be brightly leafed.

Biergkrug

The second is a personalized RAD BK.

Biergkrug

These have always been popular. Below is an example of a lead glass BK of Imperial origin. The example shown is very similar to the one my Uhr-Opa had from his servicetime in WW1.

With lidded bierkrug you want to see an even toning. Many fakes will have two tones instead of an even patina. These two below show even toning.

Biergkrug

Biergkrug

Two more examples, Imperial and Stahlhelmbund. Can you tell which one had the lid replaced? The Stahlhelmbund Bierkrug, a period repair. The lid is believed to have originated during the Black Plaque to prevent diseased fleas from hopping into ones Hops.

Biergkrug

Biergkrug

A very nice BK with a porcelain lid leafed in silver and a highly detailed Waffen-SS BK. I have my doubts on the later though it's nicely done.

Biergkrug

Biergkrug

Examples of common fakes, not reproductions. The giveaway should is the rolled black image. Many of the early biekrug are handpainted versus this style of black print. Also note the two different two patinas to the lid, bright on top, dark rim.

BiergkrugBiergkrug
    BiergkrugBiergkrug

The above share a common theme with this modern version.

Biergkrug

Still popular as a unit item today. Examples of them now.

Biergkrug

Some excellent steins...err..bierkrugs!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Very interesting never heard of the word/s Bierkrugs!!! sounds cool mind!!I will have to use it more often lol..A very nice collection I liked the Bierkrug with the Pak anti tank gun on it very nice I wouldn't mind that in my collection... thanks for posting Cheers Terry.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast