Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Big brass eagle,older repro or not?

Article about: Hi there Just came across this eagle and im quite unsure if it's a reproduction or not since it looks quite old. This is the only pictures i have from the add,sorry! Here you go.

Default Big brass eagle,older repro or not?

Hi there

Just came across this eagle and im quite unsure if it's a reproduction or not since it looks quite old.

This is the only pictures i have from the add,sorry!

Here you go.

Big brass eagle,older repro or not?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Big brass eagle,older repro or not?
    P
    Many

Not liking the casting, if cannot get better photos you should walk away.

Indeed - looks artifically aged too.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I never really like these bronze rail style eagles, I still don't really don't like any of them. You hit 1939 and bronze is toast for the most part. On top of that the fakers just tend to amend the fakes to confuse collectors or create a discussion, here you have a peculiar 3 bolt breast mount to cause or make something different. In reality its really not what the Germans would do, I do hate to classify items on item detail and what would the Germans would do as they did some weird stuff. But the truth is the variables vary by item and you can get weird stuff that is right in one regard and in other areas you just don't want to move. I am siting here looking at bad shit all over my floor, I don't know what to do with it many times but unfortunately that is the market and you really have to know it. Don't be a sucker and read everything.

One would expect the bolts be at the ends (or near the ends!) of the casted bird (wings, head, swas), not grouped as they are....
    AND bolts seem only having superficial and not old rust (artificial rusted like Steve stated!)
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Thanks for the anwsers ,will stay away from this!

If the price was cheap I'd still be snapping it up as it does look pretty cool...