Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

BIG Nazi Steel Key????

Article about: Thanks for that link odal... Gwar

?

Thanks for that link odal... Gwar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BIG Nazi Steel Key????
    P
    Many

I am thinking that our esteemed colleague Odal may be closer to the truth than anything. An Honour Key would explain the mystery quite well(aside from what Kind of honour key it may be and given for What, of course). Also, Germans have always been known for their penchant for making elaborate keys, if you take a look at some of the oldest antique ones produced in Germany. I think the unusual "3" shape of the levers arms may simply be a coincidence and have no actual significance. It also appears, from the example shown, that these keys may be quite valuable as well...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by odal View Post
    For me it Looks like a so called "honour key".
    Sometimes usual here in Germany.
    If a real period one - i have no idea.
    Here a link to an other example:

Ihr Shop
    Thats junk.

?

ajax3895... These are the facts.. brought thus far.. Please quit insulting trusted and true members on this forum...We have better things to do than appease your train of thought... At least give credit where credit is due...Again Gwar... Wagriff I concour with you...

Quote by Gwar View Post
    ajax3895... These are the facts.. brought thus far.. Please quit insulting trusted and true members on this forum...We have better things to do than appease your train of thought... At least give credit where credit is due...Again Gwar... Wagriff I concour with you...
    No, thats really junk. Its fake. How is that an insult.

?

ajax3985... What exactly do you collect ? If I can be so bold ??

Quote by Gwar View Post
    ajax3985... What exactly do you collect ? If I can be so bold ??
    Gwar,

I collect some mainstream items but mostly esoteric pieces or specialty pieces, you wont see me commenting on things I do not know in general. This material I know quite well so familiar with the ins and outs more so than the average guy. I know that's not going to fly as a Chancellery honor key, but that's what I do.

?

ajax3985 We all Razz a little bit but we take collecting seriously..
    We can also laugh and cry.. But and however.. we need to be help each other out..
    We need members that will not go against the grain unless we are not in the know..
    Unfortunately from time to time even moderators may fuss a bit,, WE ARE ALL HUMAN
    With that being said. you IMHO are a vaued resource.. to keep us on our toes.Gwar

Quote by Gwar View Post
    ajax3985 We all Razz a little bit but we take collecting seriously..
    We can also laugh and cry.. But and however.. we need to be help each other out..
    We need members that will not go against the grain unless we are not in the know..
    Unfortunately from time to time even moderators may fuss a bit,, WE ARE ALL HUMAN
    With that being said. you IMHO are a vaued resource.. to keep us on our toes.Gwar
    Gwar,

I appreciate the kind words and I am a little wound up this week with typical market issues and forums. We have lost a lot of good people over the last few years, no one wants to post their pieces as they get hammered by guys, some because of legitimate issues and some because people just talk about things they don't know about. On the flip side we have the crooks and the fakers who never stop producing items and making everyone's life miserable. Its at a point now where I cant even say why a piece is bad on a forum depending on the piece, or for that matter why its right in some cases. Its quite frustrating and while I am lucky in I collect items outside problem areas I still have to weed through all the crap they toss into market like those desk pieces which were horrible, and even then I sat back and waited for someone else to call those. Its crazy.

The key is interesting and while you cannot really say 100% or prove it, the reality is that the German's did things certain ways, used certain materials, used process of manufacture, and left a trail of things to look at when faced with piece like the one that started this thread. The fakers really don't have the information or all of it anyway. So? you work with whats in front of you and go over the piece. I am confident that piece is original, but better pictures may show something I might miss. But it was a long day and if I was abrupt its only because that's the kind of week this was.

I do not anticipate much can be found on this piece, but would like to see better photos. ;o)

Thank you.

?

Maybe it was Hitler`s personal key to wind his grandfather clock ?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast