Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

BIG Nazi Steel Key????

Article about: Thanks for that link odal... Gwar

So if Anything, it is a ceremonial item-such as the proposed Honor Key? It makes sense...but until(if) the precise occasion this thing was given out for is rediscovered, we'll likely never know...
    Last edited by Wagriff; 01-07-2014 at 07:08 AM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BIG Nazi Steel Key????
    P
    Many

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    So if Anything, it is a ceremonial item-such as the proposed Honor Key? It makes sense...but until(if) the precise occasion this thing was given out for, we'll likely never know...
    Agree mate, I don't think we will ever know about this one.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Seriously?!?!?
    Its actually kinda cool

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Its actually kinda cool
    I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For me, though, without irrefutable evidence I personally wouldn't defend this piece. There are just to many fantasy items which resemble it and doing so could possibly hurt a potential buyer that's ignorant enough to purchase a item based upon someone they don't even know "liking it".
    I mean think about it, prior to the internet many items were bought based solely on liking the looks of it which turned out to be completely bogus!

*** I should probably say this again as many skim over threads. I am not saying this item is fake. I am only being cautious as so often we are fooled by the fakers.*** That said, I would half expect to be able to find another example if that was so. This is certainly no black and white case. Sadly, I honestly doubt we will ever conclude to a definitive answer.

I don't think any collector should step to far out of his comfort zone, in time some develop an eye for pieces and some guys never develop an eye. Part of this is due to guys that collect with focus and they dont watch or know items outside their tastes for the most part. Lot of items I won't touch and have to lean on guys that know them but the real answers and the key to items is being out there and pounding the pavement and hitting Ebay and fake sites to watch what they are doing. You can't very well discount every item cause you have not seen another, and you cant authenticate a multitude of items with any degree of certainty so you need to be smart.

Ebay is a must search, all the fakers are there and then you have the crooks that are well known for fabrication of all kinds of items. You watch those guys for a while and study the fakes as much as you study originals. I sit on top of several crooks and watch their work and run items down the engines to see who has handled an item, sometimes Ill walk just because someone has handled it before that is a crook. Truth of the matter is that everything out there is signed and you just have to look for the signatures. Most often the fakes and fantasy's are callable if you watch what the fakers do, and what they do in many cases is screw up and the victims can be seasoned collectors or novice. You walk from a table and think about something and come back and it will be gone so you can run risk/reward ratio's and do not risk more than your willing to lose. So, the market is a minefield and what you do is learn to identify mines and take them apart with your eyes and apply what fakers do if need be and you make a call. This piece and many others are signed and there is no textbook or yes or no answer, you do the homework and you will know whether to walk away or buy. What you want to try and avoid is making the call without that footwork and that eye, but I have screwed that up to. Faker's do not do this, they just don't. They did well in the early days 50's and 60's and those items are out there on forums everywhere, but? they don't do this. No 100% answer but that would not get past me and it would be in hand as fast as it hit the table and I would never look back.

Always reason to be cautious or fearful but the best gun you can carry is knowledge and instinct and that does not come in book format for these items.

I've discovered a similar Honor Key at Sammlermarkt Nord (Olaf Niemann)...For selected builders/workers of the New Reichskanzlei in 1939...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BIG Nazi Steel Key????   BIG Nazi Steel Key????  

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I've discovered a similar Honor Key at Sammlermarkt Nord (Olaf Niemann)...For selected builders/workers of the New Reichskanzlei in 1939...
    cheers, Glenn
    Glenn,

Might make sense, is there a link or photo?. Never mind and got it. Shown before and a cast piece, not liking that.

Oops...Photos uploaded above...!
    cheers, Glenn

- - ------- - -

That is a really dangerous website, wooofaa!. ;O) No where near the work and not sure its even real and have doubts, he is loaded with ringers.

I see this thread is still going round in circles with none offering any proof either way. If it is a fake it might be expected that others would have appeared for sale, but the same also holds true if it is real.

I would appreciate it if people only posted when or if they have anything concrete to add to this matter.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast