Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

The birds of all birds...

Article about: Does anyone know what happend to this bird? Cheers, Fabe

?

Default The birds of all birds...

Does anyone know what happend to this bird?

Cheers,
    Fabe

The birds of all birds...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The birds of all birds...
    P
    Many

Don't know for sure but I think it is a racing certainty to have been comprehensively smashed when the new tennants moved in!!

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

That photo is of Hitler declaring war against the United States on the 11th of December 1941 (not one of his better tactical moves) in the Reichstag. So it's a good bet that if it wasn't bombed to $*** by the time the Russians got there, it didn't last much longer is my betting.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Part of a land fill somewhere in Germany.

This is inside the Kroll Opera House which was used after the Reichstag Fire...I believe it was bombed out later in the war...I recall a Thread on the same subject a while back...
    Glenn

The building was partially destroyed in an air raid in November 1943, with further damage done when it was stormed by the Red Army on 30th April 1945.

I don't know whether the eagle was destroyed during one of these events or survived until VE Day, but, as Ned said, if it did, it was history very shortly thereafter and would have been dismantled, destroyed and disposed of.

(After all, it was a little bit too large for even the most ambitious souvenir-seeking allied soldier to take home and hang over his fireplace.)

My betting is it was destroyed during the RAF raid on the 22 Nov 1943!....

I read that the entire site was demolished & cleared in 1951 and today all there is to see is a lawn and a memorial plaque...
    cheers, Glenn

The lawn where was the palace of the people before 1989?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

CBH
    ?

Flew South for the winter .