Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bismarck Wood Crafter Replica (BY German POW)

Article about: My Grandfather was a prison guard in Ontario Canada. He obtained a wood, hand crafted replica of the Bismarck. It is in very good shape and my father is looking for value in it, and whether

Default Bismarck Wood Crafter Replica (BY German POW)

My Grandfather was a prison guard in Ontario Canada. He obtained a wood, hand crafted replica of the Bismarck. It is in very good shape and my father is looking for value in it, and whether or not he can place it in a spot that will appreciate it. Let me know if anybody has information for me. Assistance in where to do would be appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bismarck Wood Crafter Replica (BY German POW)
    P
    Many

Default Re: Bismarck Wood Crafter Replica (BY German POW)

I really do not have much experience with this... and I could very well be wrong... but because of how unique this piece is, I think it may be something that you can't put a solid value on. It's value will be whatever someone wants to pay for it.

I feel like I can speak for everyone here in saying we'd love to see some pictures of it!

?

Yes, please post some photos, it will be very interesting to see. What dimensions does it have?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

HI,

Thanks for the quick reply. I agree that we will need to find someONE that values it. I am hoping to get some exposure for this unbelievable item. My Dad is getting older and would like to see this item go to someone that will work with it. He also has three wood carved figures from three POW's. These POW's carved these replicas of themselves in hopes my Grandfather would be able to get them to the families but he was unable to, and to be honest after the war he tried to forget that part of his life (he fought in WW1 and 2). If anyone on this forum has a contact that they could forward to me that would be appreciated. I will try to post pics provided I can figure that out!

?

Russ, for a picture posting guide see here: How to post photos.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

The ship is 30 inches long, 11.5 inches high to the centre mast and 6 inches wide. As I said I am working on the pictures. The story is that 2 POW's that actually worked at some point on the Bismarck built it in 9 weeks at the NEY'S POW camp. My Grandpa traded them a carton of cigarettes for it. That is all he told my father.

?

Was he a guard at Camp 30 perhaps in bowmanville ontario?

He was a guard at Neys camp 100 near Thunder Bay. He fought in the trenches in World War I and was hurt 2 days in so was sent back to UK. His brother was KIA in Haynescourt France. I took my Dad there 2 years ago to see the sight.

Always a market for well crafted soldier and/or POW pieces, and if
    it is quite large and detailed, it could fetch a decent amount.
    Regards,

Steve.

He was offered $50,000 for it a couple of years ago but did not feel the person would take care of it. Seemed to be a reseller etc.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast