Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bread Plate/ Brotteller - Reichsnährstand?

Article about: I'd be very grateful for any further information on the item pictured below - the vendor links it to the Third Reich's Reichsnährstand but the plate has no Nazi symbols and the motto ( 'Ehre

?

Default Bread Plate/ Brotteller - Reichsnährstand?

I'd be very grateful for any further information on the item pictured below - the vendor links it to the Third Reich's Reichsnährstand but the plate has no Nazi symbols and the motto ( 'Ehret die Scholle die euch erhaelt') on the plate doesn't seem to have any particular resonance to the regime that I can see. However, I have no German and google translate struggles with this one so perhaps I'm missing something! Although I am aware that there are TR versions of these bread plates, I imagine that they were made long before 1933 and probably continue to be made to this day.

I've been collecting a few Reichsnährstand publications and would like to add other items too. If anyone can point me in the direction of any good sources of information on this area of collection or dealers that would be great too. I imagine it is a fairly obscure and minority interest.

With thanks,

Philip

Bread Plate/ Brotteller - Reichsnährstand?Bread Plate/ Brotteller - Reichsnährstand?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bread Plate/ Brotteller - Reichsnährstand?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Bread Plate/ Brotteller - Reichsnährstand?

Basically translates to "Honor the soil that maintains you"...A slogan rather typical for the "Blut und Boden" philosophy, in my opinion...
    Quite nice!
    Cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bread Plate/ Brotteller - Reichsnährstand?  

Similar item is here: Norse Edda Script Spiral Design Bread Plate in Oak

I'm not sure, it they ore original or not but such items are not such uncommon in Germany.

?

Glenn, many thanks for that translation. I agree that it has a strong 'Blood and Soil' flavour although seems a sane and healthy sentiment despite that! Certainly seems to back up the link to the Reichsnährstand.

Philip

It's certainly very "Voelkisch"...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Similar item is here: Norse Edda Script Spiral Design Bread Plate in Oak

I'm not sure, it they ore original or not but such items are not such uncommon in Germany.
    Thanks for the link - another fine looking item.

I personally belive that these items can be from pre 1945 era but are they connected to III Reich or even SS - well.... do we have any proof? Is it listed on ebay.de? If so, I will not place my bid because I have also thought about puraching one:-). Prices are very different - from 20 euros till 100 euros or more.

?

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    I personally belive that these items can be from pre 1945 era but are they connected to III Reich or even SS - well.... do we have any proof? Is it listed on ebay.de? If so, I will not place my bid because I have also thought about puraching one:-). Prices are very different - from 20 euros till 100 euros or more.
    Yes, on ebay.de and I'm thinking quite seriously about bidding. Thank you for the guidance on prices - I was wondering what they went for. Presumably the ones with obvious TR symbols and dates go for much, much more. There are some beauties on the Eine Website für Sammler und Interessierte der Kunst und Militaria aus der Zeit von 1933 bis 1945.Militaria & cultural items of the Third Reich. site. Thank you too for not bidding against me - I'll let you know if plans change.

P.

At least these plates are very well made and look nice. If anyone has any more information about them, please let us know!

These unusual plates have been seen now for quite awhile-I remember seeing similar plates at least back into the 70's. They are, indeed, very well carved and Seem to be genuine. They never go for big money so it would hardly seem worth the effort to do such work for a pittance return. The carving does Not look to be done with power tools, but rather by hand, from their appearance. The only thing that worries me abit, is the lack of handling staining. You would think, that after 70 years of handling bare wood with ones Hands, that the oils from the skin would show up as darkened areas on the plates, but nothing like this is apparent. Glenn's candelabra above shows this effect from contact quite well. The base feet on the plate also seem to show very little contact from being set onto a surface countless times over the decades, whereas such wear is almost impossible to avoid.

Personally, I feel that the plate posted is hand carved but not real old. Does the description of it make a claim that it is?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast