Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Bronze Building Plaque of a Young Hitler

Article about: Rear w/hanger Picked up this find last week at the local Military Antique store. I assume these hanged on the outside of buildings? But the hanger doesn't appear to be very secure for this a

Default Bronze Building Plaque of a Young Hitler

Rear w/hanger

Picked up this find last week at the local Military Antique store. I assume these hanged on the outside of buildings? But the hanger doesn't appear to be very secure for this application. What was stopping someone from just walking past and nabbing it off the wall? The Hitler likeness appears to be when he was "younger" and if i'm not mistaken he's wearing a brown shirt?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bronze Building Plaque of a Young Hitler
    P
    Many

Welcome to the Forum! These were meant for display indoors...I've never seen such a plaque on the outside of a building...What size is it? There is usually a signature or manufacturer's mark present, as any likeness of Hitler for public display had to have official approval...
    cheers, Glenn

-- Thanks for the info Glenn. It measures roughly 13.5" x 10". I've looked for a manufacturers imprint but didn't find anything as yet. I'll have to go over it with a fine toothed comb once again.

I don't see the svastika !(on the tie)
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

It's there, I can see it...The emphasis here is on the Fuehrer's image and less on the plumage, in my opinion, lol....

cheers, Glenn

-- There is indeed a swastika on the tie, just not too pronounced.