Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bronze Third Reich Desk Eagle

Article about: -- One of my personal favourite pieces. I have suspicion that the marble base is not original.

Pics are still up, it has been placed on hold so they fall off the top of availables. It is in my opinion a wartime cast and original to my knowledge. Imdidmsee this one go up for opinion but will generally avoid commenting on an item that I am handling to avoid conflict. I am not sure where this India story came from on this bird and would be happy to hear solid evidence or I may have to wait and see what pops up in market over time. I did take the time to pop it off the base yesterday once I saw this thread and examined it and it it not what we see in fakes, I also took the time to click some photos and fire them to a buddy for his opinion as well and he said the same thing. Zinc cast war time model the way we're looking at it.

Detail again can be troublesome when applied to these and other items as criteria and birds are done in Pakistan and other places, of course they send me their catalogs so I know what their doing so that helps. Reality is the fakes are actually cleaner casts than what the Germans were doing.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bronze Third Reich Desk Eagle
    P
    Many

Reddick Militaria sells two different types of these fakes, from $59-$79...The "India Story" comes from me personally, as I clearly recall removing the "Made in India" sticker from the bottom of the base after unpacking it...They are easily found on I-Offer as well, folks just aren't looking hard enough it seems...
    The eagle the OP posted is not original, and he should get his money back...
    cheers, Glenn

Reddick 1 & 2- These would never fly and their not the same bird and probably are from India.

Bronze Third Reich Desk EagleBronze Third Reich Desk Eagle

I offer Bird 1. Not a chance

Bronze Third Reich Desk Eagle

I do not know what you pulled a sticker off of, but there are your 3 examples and they would never pass, certainly would not get by me. So, by all means if you feel I am mistaken find me the bird but your pointing to birds that are of different style and manufacture.

I've had one of these myself, friend...I know what they look like, how heavy they are, the flaws in the eagle's head/beak/eye/mouth, the skinny legs, the subtle "Rounding" of the corners in the Swastika, the shiny-new hex-nut that attaches the bird to the base, and so on...I'm not insisting that you believe me, I'm merely informing the OP that these are commonly reproduced, easy to find, that his $500 eagle is a reproduction, and that he should ask for a refund...Post #8 by AJ shows an original compared to the OP's fake, and the difference in detail is obvious...
    cheers, Glenn

Glenn,

Detail is a variable, all I am saying is your claiming the bird is bad and pointing to other birds that are not relevant as what you had. I don't know what you had and I am looking through your points of reference and internet cache and I am not finding what you are referencing. These are not cookie cutter collector pieces and I am trying to find your point of reference and I am unable to.

Post #8 illustrates my point clearly, OP's Fake Eagle on the Left, an Original on the Right...Oh well, can't say I didn't try...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bronze Third Reich Desk Eagle  

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Post #8 illustrates my point clearly, OP's Fake Eagle on the Left, an Original on the Right...Oh well, can't say I didn't try...
    cheers, Glenn
    Glenn,

The op can do as he pleases but the comparison is made up of entirely different birds and you simply cannot run a side by side and say look at the detail. Anyway, not worth it to belabor the point and the buyer can do as he pleases.

Here's another original, an officially sanctioned piece...There were strict quality-standards for such propaganda items, and uniformity was just one of these factors...You couldn't just set up shop and crank these out like today, there were official regulations for the production of such NSDAP Regalia...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bronze Third Reich Desk Eagle  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast