Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bronze Third Reich Desk Eagle

Article about: -- One of my personal favourite pieces. I have suspicion that the marble base is not original.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Here's another original, an officially sanctioned piece...There were strict quality-standards for such propaganda items, and uniformity was just one of these factors...You couldn't just set up shop and crank these out like today, there were official regulations for the production of such NSDAP Regalia...
    cheers, Glenn
    Yes there was, unfortunately as war progressed it suffered and is evidenced in many pieces and in many types of items. Quality control suffered and manufacturing created alternate forms of manufacture and shortcuts in process. The end result is a notable drop in process and quality as the war progressed. This leaves evidence and a variable in which to work in detail and with and several pieces of criteria in which to work with in process. In addition to original examples, the fakes are noted and studied and sources noted.

I know we love to talk about regs and that wonderful German quality, but it did suffer and we do pay attention to the differences. The bird that I pulled off the base is not Indian, it's not Chinese, and it's not consistant with the known fakes examined. In short, the detail is within a variable and the manufacturing by appearance is proper. Should something present itself to make additional study prudent I would certainly look at it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bronze Third Reich Desk Eagle
    P
    Many

One of my personal favourite pieces. I have suspicion that the marble base is not original- mediumtall
    I have to respectfully disagree about the marble base. I have been sent photos of another one of these eagles recently for sale on the net, again described as an original period eagle, and this one also seems to have the same color base as the other two. I think your marble base is original to the eagle,

Best Regards,
    Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bronze Third Reich Desk Eagle   Bronze Third Reich Desk Eagle  

Bronze Third Reich Desk Eagle   Bronze Third Reich Desk Eagle  

-- Thanks for all the replies gentlemen. I've since been back to the store in question and brought up my doubts about this piece. Along with plenty of research and advice in this thread, I'm now convinced that it's most probably a reproduction out of a country such as India; that was previously mentioned. The comment about a shiny hex nut solidified my suspicion; an observation I did not make public but only hinted that the base didn't look "period" or original.

Being the honorable businessmen they are they conceded to my findings and offered remedy. They offered to happily take the piece back and offer full refund or trade. We worked out agreeable terms and both parties are happily satisfied.

For a few moments I was discouraged and contemplated giving up on the whole damn hobby but these two fine businessmen have restored my enthusiasm and vigor to collect. We have since embarked on an exciting partnership to work together in building my growing collection. These are very exciting times!

p.s. I now laugh thinking back to how foolish I was in thinking I could purchase an authentic Nuremburg Eagle for such a seemingly paltry sum. If it's too good to be true .....

Glad that the seller made good and you are satisfied.

The problem is, when these suddenly start turning
    up in small quantities - each with exactly the
    same composition and patination - where
    we have not seen any others in the last
    30 or 40 years.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Mediumtall View Post
    [...] Being the honorable businessmen [...]
    Its good to hear that the dealer responded appropriately after you returned this modern fake. However, I can't help but be skeptical about someone who would sell something like this as genuine, especially when they are apparently long in the business. Its good that you can post any future potential purchases here for discussion. In these ways membership of this forum (at 25 USD) is one of the best money saving bargains around.

Regards, Philip

Quote by DrPMC View Post
    Its good to hear that the dealer responded appropriately after you returned this modern fake. However, I can't help but be skeptical about someone who would sell something like this as genuine, especially when they are apparently long in the business. Its good that you can post any future potential purchases here for discussion. In these ways membership of this forum (at 25 USD) is one of the best money saving bargains around.

Regards, Philip
    -- DrPMC I thought the same thing but admittedly we are human and mistakes can be made. I've quickly learned that, as a whole, that the WWII world of collecting militaria is huge and diverse, to say the least. It's highly improbable that anybody human could be expert in every scope of collectibles from this era. It's not impossible to believe that even in nearly 25 years of business an odd item could slip past them or anyone. As I mentioned we've since come to very agreeable terms and I've since made some purchases that have me as giddy as a schoolboy. I will post some pics soon.

The established membership here at WRF includes several authors of note, competent historians, specialized collectors, multi-lingual folks, and enthusiasts with a combined experience of many hundreds of years...We're a pretty reliable bunch here as far as knowledgeable information is concerned...I'm just glad you were able to return the item...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 12-15-2014 at 08:02 PM.

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    I offer Bird 1. Not a chance

Attachment 774922
    this seller use my picture for sale a bird
    I asked that the photos be removed
    This (fake) eagle is for sale here for : PRICE: $1,350.00; while they last
    Third Reich, Party Day

original post here :

Nuremberg reichsadler

If I am not mistaken, reproductions similar to these are listed for sale in the back of a couple different History/WWII magazines.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast