Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bust of A.H.

Article about: Is this bust original or fake?

Default Bust of A.H.

Is this bust original or fake?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bust of A.H.   Bust of A.H.  

Bust of A.H.   Bust of A.H.  

Bust of A.H.   Bust of A.H.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bust of A.H.
    P
    Many

Hi, its not a fantasy product:

Bust of Hitler, founder of Volkswagen AG - GermanArt

But I think its a reproduction, compared with this one:

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item...-laying-of-the

?

I think it is a good piece friend.

It is well done. It has been finished in a professional manner and the casting is so much superior to the fakes that are abundant today.

The difference between the piece that RKKA so kindly provided a link for and yours is that the auction piece has had its patina removed which also lessons the value considerably.
    Obviously someone has polished it off without realizing that it damaged the piece by changing the artists vision of how it should look.
    Your sculpture is a very nice piece of artistic work.
    I don't recognize the foundry mark or the artist. Some research on your part could yield some interesting information.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    I think it is a good piece friend.

It is well done. It has been finished in a professional manner and the casting is so much superior to the fakes that are abundant today.

The difference between the piece that RKKA so kindly provided a link for and yours is that the auction piece has had its patina removed which also lessons the value considerably.
    Obviously someone has polished it off without realizing that it damaged the piece by changing the artists vision of how it should look.
    Your sculpture is a very nice piece of artistic work.
    I don't recognize the foundry mark or the artist. Some research on your part could yield some interesting information.
    Its not the patina, that I dont like, its the facial expression. Also the bottom is different. The side parting is not very accurate, too. Agree, polishing old items with patina is a capital sin.

This is interesting, priced at 4,500 Euro's.

Bust of Hitler, founder of Volkswagen AG - GermanArt

Check out some of the other items on this site, there are some very high end pieces that appear genuine. Whether the one above is, I leave to others to decide.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by RKKAFan View Post
    Its not the patina, that I dont like, its the facial expression. Also the bottom is different. The side parting is not very accurate, too. Agree, polishing old items with patina is a capital sin.
    They are 2 of the same run. The differences that you see are the camera angles buddy if you will note the number of incised lines in the mustache are the same, The facial shape is the same and the eyes are exactly the same and of course the lighting makes a world of difference in appearance.
    It is my opinion that it is apparent that they are both cast from the same mold.

Yes price of the shown bust is interesting. If its offered in Poland for 100 bucks....
    I also dont like the big KDF letters. "Kraft durch Freude", the middle "d" must be small or not? On the front sign its small.
    Im not an expert, but I dont like this bust. Glad, that I dont collect German stuff.

Wanna ad: Mirek51 should also find out the weight of the bust. Must be about 3,7 kg. Material is messing, the material on the pictures above looks like a cheap zinc cast.

I've always viewed items linked to the Volkswagen theme with suspicion, the fantasy 1938 pin badges/tinnies immediately spring to mind.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    I've always viewed items linked to the Volkswagen theme with suspicion, the fantasy 1938 pin badges/tinnies immediately spring to mind.
    Volkswagen is also nowadays a scandal company with faked exhaust data.

Quote by RKKAFan View Post
    Volkswagen is also nowadays a scandal company with faked exhaust data.
    I don't care. Every time I fire up the Bentley it's the equivalent of chopping down 10 acres of Amazonian rain forest. Volkswagen now own Bentley.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast