MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

China Cup and Saucer

Article about: HI Do you think these look good ? I have completed some research and have a feeling they are fakes ? Cheers

Default China Cup and Saucer

HI

Do you think these look good ? I have completed some research and have a feeling they are fakes ?

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture China Cup and Saucer   China Cup and Saucer  

China Cup and Saucer   China Cup and Saucer  

China Cup and Saucer  
    Last edited by HistoryMan; 06-30-2015 at 02:18 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement China Cup and Saucer
    P
    Many

Not sure on the SS as others will have a better idea and might disagree with me, but the other looks fine.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks, i found this known example of the cup on the internet, the markings are slightly different ?

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture China Cup and Saucer  

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    Thanks, i found this known example of the cup on the internet, the markings are slightly different ?

Cheers
    Only the SS types are being faked as far as I am aware, the others are so common it is not worth it YET.

The makers mark changes so often it is not really a surprise that it varies on the two you looked at. The luft plate I own is different again. Check the link below.

Rosenthal China Date Marks | Collect Rosenthal
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Only the SS types are being faked as far as I am aware, the others are so common it is not worth it YET.

The makers mark changes so often it is not really a surprise that it varies on the two you looked at. The luft plate I own is different again. Check the link below.

Rosenthal China Date Marks | Collect Rosenthal
    Thanks Jerry, I have checked that link but none match this one, they all have a dot or a dash incorporated into the design which this one does not seem to have ??

Cheers

Thanks Jerry, I have checked that link but none match this one, they all have a dot or a dash incorporated into the design which this one does not seem to have ??

Cheers
    The thread starter has a dash between SELB and Germany!?

Is that what you mean?
    Regards,

Jerry

Hi Jerry

No, they all have the dash between SELB and Germany, SELB-Germany, all the other's have addition dots and dash's in different locations , i assume it may be a date mark, as well as having the date stamped ?

This is the closest match to the one on the cup i posted but it has a dot above the " e " in Germany, do you see what i mean ??

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images China Cup and Saucer 

This one has a dot above the crown ? do you see what i mean ?

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images China Cup and Saucer 

This is the closest match to the one on the cup i posted but it has a dot above the " e " in Germany, do you see what i mean ??

Cheers
    I do, but firstly check the marks for 1919-35 and the one mext to it and neither of them have the dot as far as I can see.

And secondly, I think you are being too paranoid.

Pottery backstamps are often done by transfer as in this case and expecting them to be text book is a mistake, they are not that accurate and are often missing parts if a transfer and misstamped if a stamp.

I would not be concerned about the cup and saucer.

Here is my 100% period original Luft bowl, notice it has no dot etc....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture China Cup and Saucer   China Cup and Saucer  

Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast