Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

China Cup and Saucer

Article about: HI Do you think these look good ? I have completed some research and have a feeling they are fakes ? Cheers

Also the 1939 mark does not have a dot and neither does the 43 to 48 mark.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement China Cup and Saucer
    P
    Many

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Also the 1939 mark does not have a dot and neither does the 43 to 48 mark.
    Hi
    The 1939 mark does have a dot above the "e " in Germany, picture is above. Some of the others have dashes and or dots, but you are right, i maybe am being a little paranoid !! The only thing that concerned me was maybe the handle was different than the other i posted, not as chunky, i thought maybe it was a civilian cup with false marks

Many thanks for your help, do you think £38 is ok for this cup and saucer ?

Thanks again !!!!!

Most here do not have the dots. Luftwaffe porcelain - Page 2 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Also this version of the 39 mark from the first ling does not have a dot or dash. It is the fourth or fifth mark they show for 39.

Price depends on how keen you are, for me it is a bit too much, more like £30 seems about right but then again it is cup and saucer and if the postage is not too much etc... i bought my plate when I lived in Amsterdam and there was lots of it about for about euro 25 per item.
    Attached Images Attached Images China Cup and Saucer 
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks for your help Jerry

imho both items look ok.

Including the waffen SS saucer ? all i need now is a cup to go with it !! haha

Cheers

Markings are OK but the cup is not a common one so it is harder to sell it. £38 is a good price (if original). I personally have not ever seen WWII era cup like Your example.

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Markings are OK but the cup is not a common one so it is harder to sell it. £38 is a good price (if original). I personally have not ever seen WWII era cup like Your example.
    Hi thanks for the comments. Do you think its a civilian type cup and saucer ? thats what made me a little suspicious at first to be honest
    Cheers

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why it says "Germany" and not "Deutschland"?

Hi Dave, these trademarks carried the name Germany in English just is case they were used for Export. Easier to have one generic mark.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast