Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Clothing Whip

Article about: Hi All, Can you help me with this item's value? It's a wood & leather one with "RAD 1938" stamped on it just under the leather collar. My friends Grand-dad brought it back from

Default Clothing Whip

Hi All,

Can you help me with this item's value? It's a wood & leather one with "RAD 1938" stamped on it just under the leather collar. My friends Grand-dad brought it back from Bergen Belsen camp of which his unit liberated. It was owned by a female who worked in the camp. I've just joined the forum so please bear with me as I'll try to upload some photo's shortly. Thx.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Clothing Whip
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Give this a try.
    New picture posting feature - How to guide !
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

From the description, I'm fairly sure that what you have is a clothes whip.

An "RAD" marking would mean it is from the Reichsarbeitsdienst [National Labor Service].

Does it look like the item in this thread German whip ?

Clothing WhipClothing WhipClothing Whip

Here we go

As I had suspected, an RAD clothes whip. Not a "cat o' nine tails" torture implement, but a mundande tool used to whip dust off uniforms.

These are rather common and not particularly valuable pieces of gear. Normally, we don't do financial valuation of items, but various dealers' sites have them for about 25 to 60 Euros.

Also, this should be in the "Field Equipment" sub-forum, not the "Daggers & Swords" one.

These are always represented as having come out of a KZ Lager. I saw my first one at age 12 and it was represented as thus. The truth is what HPL2008 stated. These were used for beating dust and dirt out of clothing.
    Last edited by BOB COLEMAN; 07-10-2015 at 04:05 PM.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Bunker Militaria have these from time to time...$50 to $100 depending on condition
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

First one I ever saw in the 1970's was presented as coming from a KZ too. A sick story that never seems to go away.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!