Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Cup and plate from Adolf Hitler tea service

Article about: by Frundsberg Yes, both markings are not beneath the glaze. The green Allach marking is Printed on the porcelain? It looks like it is beneath the glaze from the last photo...Hmm...Interestin

Default Re: Cup and plate from Adolf Hitler tea service

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Yes, both markings are not beneath the glaze.
    The green Allach marking is Printed on the porcelain? It looks like it is beneath the glaze from the last photo...Hmm...Interesting.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cup and plate from Adolf Hitler tea service
    P
    Many

Snyder has some good stuff, but I swear I have seen these on his website.

mpw
    ?

Over glaze and under glaze printing are both common for this period. Over glaze printing is usually fired on and if worn away will leave a transparent etching in the glaze.

Mark.

Yes, Allach mark is not beneath of the glaze. I have collected also decorated porcelain (not III Reich but just different markers from 1930-ies) and it is very common. Usually makers mark beneath the glaze was of the porcelain manufacture who sold undecorated plates to the artisans and manufactures who made decorated porcelain. It was common that wealty persons ordered specially decorated tableware (for example with their logos etc.). So actually over glaze maker mark does not make docorated porcelain a fake. But I have not ever seen over glaze marking on Wehrmacht, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine or SS-Reich plates. But these items were also just cheap factory made products in these days. Is there in Europe possible get a professional opinion and also certificate of originality? I remember that Helmut Weitze examined III Reich awards and also gave proof documents but I'm not sure if there is anybody who can do it with this item?

?

Quote by mpw View Post
    Over glaze and under glaze printing are both common for this period. Over glaze printing is usually fired on and if worn away will leave a transparent etching in the glaze.

Mark.
    mark,ive read that all allach entwined runes were beneath the glaze,it was said if you can drink or pour from allach,its fake. ie coffee sets. i stongly believe theese items are post war creations from eastern europe, and the one on our sales forum has to be in doubt too, sorry,im only relaying what ive read. respectfully,george

Here is a photo of a printed artisans mark and a maker mark on the plate. All 100% original. And a photo of the Wehrmacht eagle with the maker makr beneath the glaze mark from my collection. Both plates are originals, just one is decorated plate and another is just a regulary army plate.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cup and plate from Adolf Hitler tea service   Cup and plate from Adolf Hitler tea service  

Any more opinions? As I understand most of You think these items are fakes. So just as the ash tray and similar items from the Snyder's website?

?

Being interested in Allach porcelain I have saved a lot of pictures of original stamps and this one doesn't look good. It looks thick and not very well detailed. This photo kind of describes what I mean (I forget where I pulled this from, sorry).

Cheers, Pat

The cup and plate are 100% fake and the Allach marking is always under the glaze on original pieces.

Quote by Patrick Lewis View Post
    Being interested in Allach porcelain I have saved a lot of pictures of original stamps and this one doesn't look good. It looks thick and not very well detailed. This photo kind of describes what I mean (I forget where I pulled this from, sorry).

Cheers, Pat
    File photos are a Great resource..Good job Patrick
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast