Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

desk/ wall eagle REAL.... or FANTASY piece

Article about: NEED MORE INPUT ON THIS ITEM please...heavy non reactive to magnet appears to be brass, has a string to hang but has 2 feet at the bottom and spot where what would maybe have been something

Default desk/ wall eagle REAL.... or FANTASY piece

NEED MORE INPUT ON THIS ITEM please...heavy non reactive to magnet appears to be brass, has a string to hang but has 2 feet at the bottom and spot where what would maybe have been something to prop it up before. I am on the fence on this seems maybe to be fantasy piece but not sure. looks the part any advice would help, also note that under a black light the eagles eye glows red... strange thanks ahead of time for any help! merry xmas, Garry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture desk/ wall eagle REAL.... or FANTASY piece   desk/ wall eagle REAL.... or FANTASY piece  

desk/ wall eagle REAL.... or FANTASY piece   desk/ wall eagle REAL.... or FANTASY piece  

desk/ wall eagle REAL.... or FANTASY piece  
    Last edited by tarvin890; 12-22-2012 at 02:51 PM. Reason: added info

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement desk/ wall eagle REAL.... or FANTASY piece
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: desk/ wall eagle REAL.... or FANTASY piece

Period Eagle the early type - a friend of mine has one of these on his desk -
    Heres a picture of his:desk/ wall eagle REAL.... or FANTASY piece

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

is his brass also? from what you can see of this one, does it pass the test to you? the man wants 400 for it and im on a metal item collecting kick right now but dont want to make a 400 mistake.... lol let me know what you think please. what o you collect? any specific pieces? thank garry

- - Updated - -

sorry dont know if i sent that to you or posted it...lol

?

Garry - My friends eagle is cast iron and two sided - that being said I think the one you are looking at is period and was the type that had a stand attachment to the back which has broken off to time - 400 I feel is a little much.
    Hope this helps
    Horst

thanks horst, i was afraid of the brass and the glowing red eye under UV light i thought was a bit odd... are these known to have glowing red eyes?

?

Never heard of the red eye???That could be from a deposit or the years of deterioration- Lots of luck

Horst

I have to say that this eagle does not give me a good feeling. The detailing of the eagle's head differs significantly from Horst's friend's piece and also, if this had a easel style stand or rear stand attachment, it's difficult to understand what the 2 small angled feet on the bottom of the wreath are for. For $400, I'm sorry, but I would need or want a good photo of a period usage of one to get a better decision on this one. This one May well be original, but there is definitely something significant missing from the back and bottom of it, and I do not care for it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I would guess that the two feet at the bottom were utilized to keep it standing as if only round it would have fallen over when the easel was used -

Horst

i get the feet thing, i actually like the detail in person and the back side does not have that cheap quick pour make them fast look. the quality is good but the brass bothers me personally, the front seems to have been cleaned up at some point because the patina on the back looks....well old... really hate that the eye glows red under UV light, stupid feature, practically turns me off to it. hate to pass a real one, guy i know has it for sale at an antique store he sells stuff at. he said he got it from a person a long time ago in trade for some yard work and labor. hes had it put away until we started talking so he put it in the shop. anyway thanks all for input, to me if there is alot of back and forth discussion.... cant be a good thing, unanimous always wins with me.