MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Deutsch Hochzietband

Article about: Although this is not a "battlefield" find, it was obtained at a local estate liquidation of a woman who had migrated to the U.S. after WWII from Germany. It is an excellent, beauti

Default Deutsch Hochzeitsring

Although this is not a "battlefield" find, it was obtained at a local estate liquidation of a woman who had migrated to the U.S. after WWII from Germany. It is an excellent, beautifully engraved, simple and very plain example of the more common of the period, wartime wedding bands that were used in Germany during the WWII period.

DETAILS: Period engraving reads: (woman's name) Thea Baumann - Gold Content: 333 - Maker: GWS - Date: 5.4.44

Deutsch HochzietbandDeutsch HochzietbandDeutsch HochzietbandDeutsch HochzietbandDeutsch Hochzietband
    Last edited by Richard Kimmel; 02-18-2014 at 05:09 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsch Hochzietband
    P
    Many

nice.

Nicely engraved!...

?

typical wedding-ring
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wish that I could identify the jeweler "GWS" and the town where he had his establishment?

Quote by Richard Kimmel View Post
    I wish that I could identify the jeweler "GWS" and the town where he had his establishment?
    Ther mark GWS stands for Gebrüder Weidner of Schwabach. (This is not the retail jeweller, though, but the manufacturer.) The company has been around for nearly 100 years and is still in business:

Trauringe, Eheringe - Gebrder Weidner GmbH Ringmanufaktur Schwabach

No offense, but... err... Do allow me to remark that Hochzietband is not a word. A wedding band is a Hochzeitsring, Ehering or Trauring.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Ther mark GWS stands for Gebrüder Weidner of Schwabach. (This is not the retail jeweller, though, but the manufacturer.) The company has been around for nearly 100 years and is still in business:

Trauringe, Eheringe - Gebrder Weidner GmbH Ringmanufaktur Schwabach

No offense, but... err... Do allow me to remark that Hochzietband is not a word. A wedding band is a Hochzeitsring, Ehering or Trauring.
    Hi ... I don't know your name, but wish to thank you for the information and the correction in the name; really appreciate your input. I made the change on the heading of this topic ... thanks again. Richard