Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Do you know what this is.

Article about: Do you all know what this is.

Default Do you know what this is.

Do you all know what this is.Do you know what this is.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do you know what this is.
    P
    Many

The end/face of a stamp? Couldn't guess if it's original or not. But I doubt it is. Best regards.

Brian

Waffen inkstamp from Poland, legit or scam?

Why are we viewing a mirror image ? ? ?.....Doug

Quote by stakeside View Post
    Why are we viewing a mirror image ? ? ?.....Doug
    Doug I thought the same thing too after my initial post. But I still believe that's what it is TRYING to be. The fakers didn't take that into account I'd guess. Lol initially I didn't either.

Brian

?

I would rather believe it is trying to be a metal disk made to create a "watermark" on document. Place metalstamp on underside of paper and press down on the other side with some kind of soft rubber disk to create a transparent impression.

I cannot say if it is a period piece or a newly made piece from a artistic forger.

Quote by TrondK View Post
    I would rather believe it is trying to be a metal disk made to create a "watermark" on document. Place metalstamp on underside of paper and press down on the other side with some kind of soft rubber disk to create a transparent impression.

I cannot say if it is a period piece or a newly made piece from a artistic forger.
    And or an embossment disk such as a notary would use?

Brian
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 10-08-2017 at 04:10 AM.

TrondK & bsiwula1.....I very much appreciate your comments on embossing, a subject which has not really been addressed on this forum.

However, I doubt that a RUBBING would even make a good impression. A blow with a sledge would not make a good impression. As a wax stamp, it is problematic. As an ink stamp, only for dyslexics.

Watermarks are made as the pulp is drying, not afterwards. In fact, there is mention of a KOH-I-NOOR watermark on a document in at least two EHRENRING threads, ado 12-13-2010 and militaria1143 on 11-24-2015.

Eventually I plan to post an embossing, the likes of which no one has seen.

In the meantime, I would suggest that the OP research POLISH STAMPS....Doug.
    Last edited by stakeside; 10-08-2017 at 04:00 AM. Reason: for Larry C