Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

eagle brooch

Article about: Please some opinions. Size complete about 50 x 45 mm. Diagonal swas 15 mm. Swas is silver. Eagle very fine casting in an rather heavy alloy. Maybe low content silver. No marks/hallmarks. Any

?

Default eagle brooch

Please some opinions.
    Size complete about 50 x 45 mm.
    Diagonal swas 15 mm.
    Swas is silver. Eagle very fine casting in an rather heavy alloy.
    Maybe low content silver.
    No marks/hallmarks.
    Anybody seen somewhat similar?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture eagle brooch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement eagle brooch
    P
    Many

I speculate that we're looking at a Civilian Brooch with the Swastika being a later attachment...a better look at the reverse hardware could prove helpful here...It certainly is not an officially sanctioned piece...Perhaps a "Sweetheart Item"...
    cheers, Glenn

?

I think its a fabrication, the swas has been added by the inclusion of an ordinary other metal ring allowing it to swing loose, the swas is also a different metal to that of the Eagle, whether this was done period or post is anyones guess, but I would plumb for post war

Hi, is the swaz marked silver? A piece like this, any guess is as good as mine. I agree with Glen, a better look at the reverse catch pin and if there is one, the silver mark may give a better idea of the era this was put together. Anyway I think its pretty neat, especially if it is period and a "sweetheart" type piece of jewelry.

?

backsite pics.
    Always remember the rather small Dimension of 50 x 45 mm complete

Thanks for opinions!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture eagle brooch  

I like it very much!
    It does appear that the loop for the swastika was added at a later date judging by the appearance of the solder.
    The hardware appears to be period or very close, to me.
    I always like unique items and if it were reasonably priced, I would consider picking it up. JMHO!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi, added or perhaps repaired, but it does look like what rbminis said, the solder looks "newer" than the catch pin solder points. I like the look of the hardware, and that the back of the swaz has some tarnish. There is really nothing to compare it to, but these little things add up to that it could have been worn by some luftwaffe mans wife or girlfriend "sweetie". Once again I will say I think its a pretty neat piece, I dont think its just a piece of junk.

?

Thanks for opinions!

I know, a difficult and maybe unique piece.
    In the case of the needle system and the loop for the swas it seems when you have the item in hands it was both added to the same time. The wire from that the needlehook and the swas-loop was made seems to be the same and both have similar work on it (both are hand made).

and for remembering.
    This item is in real still smaller than in the pics you see here if they are not opened (about 50x45 mm)