Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Early Amber Desk Piece

Article about: Thought that I would share this early political amber desk piece that I just acquired. I really like the early NSDAP pieces and especially those made of amber.

Not sure what I told Erich about this piece but the Geman's were utilizing Baltic Amber out of Königsberg from 1926-1945 as an industry, much of it is marked and ran though a jeweler that still uses it today I believe. At wars end the entity ceased to exist, the only reference on the operation is out of print and a bitch to find and I believe in German which I can barely read anyway. This piece is really cool as its really a Deutschland Erwache piece where you have the disc with swastika rising out of the sun utilizing butterscotch amber, so its probably early 30's and upper end kitsch. Its really nice.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Amber Desk Piece
    P
    Many

Thanks guys, yes most likely made of Baltic amber. Now just need an amber MK to go with it!

My guess is this piece may be from the late 20s to early 30s.

great piece.

Like said, a lot of the very early pieces had sun rays coming from the Swastika like that on the design of the Blood Order.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Amber Desk Piece  

Hi Erich, I really like this piece, a lot of thought has gone into making it and I believe that the sun disk and letters are real silver.
    Best Regards,
    Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Amber Desk Piece  

Hi Erich,
    I thought I had taken a photo of this piece from a collection I saw years ago, I think just after it was at Hermans auction, I hunted through my computer & dug it up & the Hermans description as well,
    Best Regards,
    Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Amber Desk Piece   Early Amber Desk Piece  

Thank you Michael for posting the Hermann's add. It really is a neat little gem and I'm happy that it now sits in my collection!

Herman's lists it as a Bernstein piece which I think that they are referring to the Bernstein region where the amber was mined rather than coming from the Bernstein firm. Any thoughts?

?

Bernstein is German for Amber.
    Pete

Thanks Pete but wasn't sure that Bernstein was being used in the generic sense of the word.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast