Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

ehrenplakette

Article about: what is this? what is written? how many were there? the approximate cost?

?

Default ehrenplakette

what is this? what is written? how many were there? the approximate cost?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ehrenplakette   ehrenplakette  

ehrenplakette   ehrenplakette  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ehrenplakette
    P
    Many

Default Re: ehrenplakette

50 Year Jubille of a Fife Club in the town of Markneukirchen.

Few would have been made, but value would be low. Unless you are interested in Music Clubs.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Sorry, Ade, but actually these chaps were smokers, not musicians: It's a pipe club.

(Allow me an additional observation: The design of the plaque is of a rather generic, non-specific nature. It would seem likely to me that this was a commercially available "all purpose" item sold with a blank shield that could be customized by engraving it as desired.)

?

please translate into English, deutsche inscription.

Quote by maxrsx View Post
    please translate into English, deutsche inscription.
    It says:

"As a
    memory
    of the 50th anniversary
    dedicated by the
    Pipe Club
    'Einigkeit"
    [= 'Unity']
    Markneukirchen
    9 March 1930
    "

The anniversary most likely refers to either the 50th anniversary of the club's founding or some veteran smokers' 50-year-membership.

?

thanks for help! how I understood it club lovers of smoking tube?

LOL! I never imagined such a thing would exist!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Only in Germany would one find a group of lads so fond of their pipes that they would actually form Clubs to enjoy them in each others company! This plaque must be either unique or nearly so. I can't imagine many being still in existence.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    LOL! I never imagined such a thing would exist!
    Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Only in Germany would one find a group of lads so fond of their pipes that they would actually form Clubs to enjoy them in each others company!
    There's an old adage that whenever three Germans get together, they immediately find a reason to form a club.

While this is of course a humorous exaggeration it is indeed a typically German thing to have clubs, associations and special interest groups for anything and everything. A village near my hometown even has a club devoted to a specific brand of Bavarian mustard. (I kid you not.)

By the way, a surprising number of such pipe clubs exist even today: Just do a Google search for "Pfeifenclub" and check out the number of hits.