Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Enamel III Reich Signs

Article about: dont get me wrong id gladly host him if you get bored with him...i like the police items alot.. BTW whats the police thing under the back of the saddle? l

Quote by cornishboy View Post
    Appologies if you have seen this before,but,im quite proud of it.so here it is again.Iv been told that its the third reich equivalent of the 'AA' or 'RAC' badge.My grandfather 'borrowed 'it from a German staff car after landing on Gold beach.I hope its not out of place in this interesting thread.
    I never saw this one before, fairly rare I would imagine. D.D.A.C. is not the most notorious of organizations so they can be difficult in a sale environment, but I like that one. How big is it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Enamel III Reich Signs
    P
    Many

Quote by mloppkit View Post
    Hi Horst, I have dug up a photo of my favorite Third Reich Enamel sign- The 'Munchen Kindle' (Munich Child) enamel sign, the symbol of the City of Munich, this sign was often found on Trams in Munich and on many Munich State Buildings during the Third Reich, Best Regards, Michael
    I have a bias on this one because I owned it for quite a while and love the Munich Crest, I have never seen another one and it pretty much does not exist other than this one. It is civil though and pretty sure of that and I am surprised I have not run into similar examples from other cities.

Default A sign from Jersey, Channel Islands.

Here's a sign that I picked up quite a few years ago in a little lot of items. I believe it is saying that it is not allowed to climb the antenna. No doubts about the fact that its a military issue sign. I have only seen 4 or 5 of these over here but they must have been widely used in German Occupied territory.
    I have good selection of original wooden signs from the Island but they won't fit in here I don't think.
    Hope you like this one anyway.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Enamel III Reich Signs  

Default Heil Hitler enamel sign.

Here is one other enamel sign I have. Our greeting is Heil Hitler, I think it says. I only have a few signs like this but as usual they are not all photographed. I do like this one as its not too badly damaged and still looks great.
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Enamel III Reich Signs  

Default One more sign "With Us"

Here's another enamel sign that I have tucked away. This one was originally on display at the St.Peter's Bunker Museum here on the Island and then the Jersey War Tunnels. Luckily I managed to get my hands on it a while back. Its very basic but still a very nice piece. Hope you like it.
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Enamel III Reich Signs   Enamel III Reich Signs  

Enamel III Reich Signs  

Hi Jersey 34, That is the greatest 'Mit Uns' sign I've seen- great condition and maker marked- outstanding. Thanks so much for posting it and sharing it with us.
    Ajax3985- I have a bias on this one because I owned it for quite a while and love the Munich Crest, I have never seen another one and it pretty much does not exist other than this one. It is civil though and pretty sure of that and I am surprised I have not run into similar examples from other cities.
    I agree it is civil and is only the 2nd that I've seen. Did you mount it on the wood backing when you owned it? I also love the Munich crest as Munich was where the whole Third Reich thing originated and these Munich Enamel Signs are a great item -dare I say a great 'sign of the times', Best Regards, Michael

?

Great looking signs - I also like the Munich type , nice find-
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Quote by mloppkit View Post
    Hi Jersey 34, That is the greatest 'Mit Uns' sign I've seen- great condition and maker marked- outstanding. Did you mount it on the wood backing when you owned it? I also love the Munich crest as Munich was where the whole Third Reich thing originated and these Munich Enamel Signs are a great item -dare I say a great 'sign of the times', Best Regards, Michael
    No, that was bought in a grouping years ago by a buddy veteran direct and without the wood backing, he mounted on a piece of solid oak and I did not even know he had the piece for a long time. My first thought was to unscrew the sign and paint the wood black but upon mentioning that he made me feel guilty about what a nice piece of oak it was. I got enough black I guess and just left it be.

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    Here's a sign that I picked up quite a few years ago in a little lot of items. I believe it is saying that it is not allowed to climb the antenna.
    It says:

"Attention!

Switching on, attaching cables and antennae, climbing the poles are strictly forbidden!

The Supreme Commander of the Army
    "

Hi HPL2008,
    Thanks for that, much appreciated.
    d

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast