Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

enlisted man or nco bust award

Article about: i had just picked up this nice piece what i believe to be a wartime shooting award. wartime hollow metal construction, bronze wash has started to fade with a silver wash under it, overall ve

Default enlisted man or nco bust award

i had just picked up this nice piece what i believe to be a wartime shooting award.

wartime hollow metal construction, bronze wash has started to fade with a silver wash under it, overall very smooth piece with no dents or scratches. it sits atop a hollow base and inside the base is a clock. i have never an award or bust like this with a clock inside. pretty neat and the clock still functions perfectly! and keeps time as good as my cell phone.
    it is also maker marked on the bottom of the piece.

i am wondering if anyone can help me figure out who made it and where it may have been made. ?

any help would also be appreciated

I AM ALSO IN SEARCH OF AND BUYING PLAQUES AND BUSTS OF SIMILAR MAKES. DESK DECORATIONS
    PICTURES PRINTS PAINTINGS BUSTS OF ADOLF HITLER. MESSAGE ME IF YOU MAY HAVE SOMETHING
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture enlisted man or nco bust award   enlisted man or nco bust award  

enlisted man or nco bust award   enlisted man or nco bust award  

enlisted man or nco bust award  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement enlisted man or nco bust award
    P
    Many

?

Yes, Looks so.
    Does the clock still work?

yes the clock still works with no issues as long as you remember to wind it, it keeps time as good as my cell phone lol

Nice piece --- first time I've seen a clock in the base also... how odd.

?

Very nice and a great addition to your collection-
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

very nice item,great find.

thanks guys the best part is the clock , any idea what the label may say on the bottom?

?

First line- cant read first word then" Engraving"
    second line= Genzle(name of store)-Leoben(city in Austria)
    third line - no clue as most letters are missing

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Thought I would add to this thread - as I have one too, I know it’s 8yrs old but I have never seen another one, usually these hero busts are mounted on a block of marble. Both have a silver/chrome wash finish as well.
    Although the clock face is slightly different the base is the same, sadly my clock does not work anymore, since it made a loud Bong! But it still makes a nice display piece.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture enlisted man or nco bust award   enlisted man or nco bust award  

Holy crap I thought I'd never see another. I love it . Very nice. Thank you for sharing. I always told other collectors that wanted to buy my clock - if they can find another like it I'd sell it for one dollar. ... Lol kinda knowing there wouldn't be others around lol.
    Thanks for showing