Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Equestrian Eye Candy

Article about: Heres a small corner of the "Bunker" reflecting various equestrian regalia starting from a period saddle with accessories also a mounted Police figure and some display items i.e..

?

Default Equestrian Eye Candy

Heres a small corner of the "Bunker" reflecting various equestrian regalia starting from a period saddle with accessories also a mounted Police figure and some display items i.e.. statue etc.

Horst
    Equestrian Eye Candy
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Equestrian Eye Candy
    P
    Many

?

Fun to see.

Yes, very nice!

I like the sign very good display

Has anyone tried to use WWII saddle? As good saddles cost much more than WWII originals I have even sometimes thought to buy one for everyday use but i quess these are too heavy and it is hard to buy a good saddle without any measures. As far I know there were different saddle measures in Wehrmacht like I, II, II and IV but I'm not sure what these numbers mean.

?

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Has anyone tried to use WWII saddle? As good saddles cost much more than WWII originals I have even sometimes thought to buy one for everyday use but i quess these are too heavy and it is hard to buy a good saddle without any measures. As far I know there were different saddle measures in Wehrmacht like I, II, II and IV but I'm not sure what these numbers mean.
    Yes, there were sizes , not everyone has the same backside dimensions - It is difficult to find a complete Wehrmacht saddle with all the pads,belts etc also the attachment device that holds on the saddle bags - not only is the size marked but if Wehrmacht also the Waffenampt stamp as it was a piece of official equipment.

Horst

Wonderful! I see an original Polizei saddle blanket and Degen mount, nice!

?

Marcus - Good eyes- here is a picture reflecting the Polizei saddle blanket and the sword hanger w/sword.

Horst

Equestrian Eye Candy

A very impressive display Horst! What is the early red Orpo sign used for, road block for autos?

Marcus

?

Quote by Marcus Vaughn View Post
    A very impressive display Horst! What is the early red Orpo sign used for, road block for autos?

Marcus
    Its a metal standard used by the Feuerschutz Polizei - it was on a metal pole approx. 6' long which was put in the ground when they went into action - I also have a picture somewhere showing this standard mounted on one of their vehicles/trucks. I had the metal pole which was red , but on one move back to the USA from Europe it got lost.

As a side note the Schutzpolizei,s right boot rests on a piece of a marble pillar I pulled from Hitlers Berghof in the early 60,s-at that time the garage and support wall was still standing.

Horst