Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Eva Brauns Knickers and Bra, and other stuff I couldn't afford

Article about: Hey Guys, I have seen a fair bit of chatter about Eva Brauns knickers today in the forum. I saw a pair come up for sale last month, ad some of her other clothes. This is what each item had a

?

Default Eva Brauns Knickers and Bra, and other stuff I couldn't afford

Hey Guys,

I have seen a fair bit of chatter about Eva Brauns knickers today in the forum.
    I saw a pair come up for sale last month, ad some of her other clothes.
    This is what each item had as part of the description.
    Our consignor, a 40+ year dealer/collector, purchased this item and other personal possessions belonging to Braun approximately thirty years ago from an ex-O.S.S. agent Eugene Frankenfeld. Included with the girdle is a copy of Frankenfield's original letter of provenance, dated April 14, 1976, indicating that he became Commanding Intelligence Officer for District Greater Salzburg in May of 1945, and confiscated luggage deposited by Braun and her family from a hotel in a small town outside of Salzburg. He lists the items he recovered, specifically mentioning "...1 box lot of Eva Braun dresses, undergarments, coat, scarves, hats...", among many other personal relics.

There was a few items of Hitlers too.
    A monogrammed white linen handkerchief once owned by Adolf Hitler. The 17" x 16 1/2" handkerchief has a simple border and bears his embroidered initials "A.H." at one corner. In as-new condition. Accompanied by a notarized letter of provenance directly from our consignor. In the letter, he explains that he is the grandson of the previous owners of the Parkhotel Graz (Austria) where Hitler stayed April 3-4, 1938 while traveling through the country, and that these items were left behind in his suite. The prestigious and ultra-luxurious hotel remains in the hands of his family to this day.

A rare Hitler relic, a crystal candy dish from his personal set of informal glassware, recovered by an American soldier from the Berghof. The dish, identical in style and design to stemware we have offered from the same source, measure 5" wide at top and 3" tall. It bears Hitler's "A H" monogram with a national eagle engraved and gilded at three places on the body. The top of the bowl bears a 1/4" wide band of gilding as well. In fine condition.

Fine, early sterling silver cigarette case presented to Goring by a fellow pilot, a Turk who served in the Turkish air force during World War I. The elaborate case, 3 ¾" x 3 ¼", is beautifully engraved with an intricate wave pattern on both sides with a blue enamel border. Within it is inscribed in German: "The Flying Comrade Captain Goring to [?] New Year's Wishes 1921 Mosko Hassan Royal Ottoman Flight Lieutenant." Also present is Hassan's calling card as a correspondent of the Constantinople newspaper "Yeni Ghune", upon which he again adds a gift inscription. Fine. Obtained by an American soldier who raided Goring's personal train at war's end and also obtained Goring's love letters sent to future wife Carin. Personal items from this early in Goring's military career are rare!

These items all went for the price of a decent small car.
    Hope you enjoy pics.

Cheers,

Danger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eva Brauns Knickers and Bra, and other stuff I couldn't afford   Eva Brauns Knickers and Bra, and other stuff I couldn't afford  

Eva Brauns Knickers and Bra, and other stuff I couldn't afford   Eva Brauns Knickers and Bra, and other stuff I couldn't afford  

Eva Brauns Knickers and Bra, and other stuff I couldn't afford   Eva Brauns Knickers and Bra, and other stuff I couldn't afford  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eva Brauns Knickers and Bra, and other stuff I couldn't afford
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Thanks for posting images, there is another thread about this sale, but no photos.

Always fairly sceptical of this type of auction material. The A.H monogram on the handkerchief is not up to the quality standard I would have expected of an item that purports to have belonged to Hitler. Great stories as always but nothing I will be throwing my money at.

?

I was skeptical about the handkerchief too.
    I had a go at getting the seal, but it went beyond my budget that wouldn't set off my wife.

CBH
    ?

I'm just glad I got to see EB underpants, it's the small things in life.

?

Yeah me too. ha ha.
    I always thought they would be more risque - Black leather with chrome spiked studs or something similar?
    Maybe too early for a G-string?
    I'm a bit disappointed.
    Just plain old knickers.....