Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

The Family Silver (used only at Christmas)

Article about: Guys, I think this is the right place for these. These were an ebay find around 2005. They cost I think £60 for 24 pieces. I bid with the expectation that they would be junk but at least goo

Default The Family Silver (used only at Christmas)

Guys,

I think this is the right place for these.

These were an ebay find around 2005.

They cost I think £60 for 24 pieces.

I bid with the expectation that they would be junk but at least good for parties etc.

The seller had the usual spliel Dad was in the RAF etc and I thought no more of it as I would not see them until after tour.

I was surprised then when I got home and there they were 24 pieces all 800 solid German silver from the local airfield just 15 mins up the road.

They are stamped O.H. Fassberg, OH is Offiziers Heim Fassberg (which still stands) and the airfield was used during the Berlin air bridge and continues as a Helecopter training area even today.

Just shows you ebay can be good sometimes.

Regards

Jock
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Family Silver (used only at Christmas)   The Family Silver (used only at Christmas)  

The Family Silver (used only at Christmas)   The Family Silver (used only at Christmas)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Family Silver (used only at Christmas)
    P
    Many

Rick
    ?

Default Re: The Family Silver (used only at Christmas)

Nice find jock

Interesting dinner party conversation peices.

Thanks for posting and whats for dinner!

regards
    Rick

jock iam green siting here mate those are awsome really are and £60 i would give you that for 6

Rick,

Its always a traditional turkey dinner, I use the big Luftwaffe serving plate as well as it fits the job. Turkey is always the size of a labrador.

Ewan, It will remain with the family as its the only posh stuff we own, it is the family silver.

Jock

Rick
    ?

Nice i like the dark meat, i once visited an antique fair in a small lake district village, one of the stall holders had a large hoers d ovres dish and lid about 16" x 10 and in silver with the eagle etched in the centre and inscripted to Adolph Hitler and something on your 50th birthday, stall holder said it had been er...liberated from the eagles nest. it was up for about £300 it was in mint condition wish i had got it.

Rick

Rick,

I'm always regreting not getting this or that, serves me right for being a tight Jock. It seems that what was commom only a couple of years ago is drying up fast!

Jock

Rick
    ?

I know where your coming from if its not the conseince its the wife.
    Rick

absolutely fantastic silver pieces , i see before the same pattern of luft cutlery , same eagle , but no name of back , only the maker mark and the silver mark .
    thank for showing

Pierre

?

Lovely presentation of the silvermaker's art. I , myself have no such silverware, but I do have a fondness for turkey- wild, if possible, but if not, then I have a big one smoked. Texas, USA.

That is an insane purchase Jock, on Ebay to boot! Wonderful set. Thanks alot for showing.

Jay