Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Field made drawings from Solugubovka (near Leningrad) to major Riedler in Berlin

Article about: Bought this today. Apparently from Sologubovka in 1943. The pictures have been preserved remarkably well inside the aluminium tube in which they were sent to herr Major. I will be trying to

Jan
    ?

Default Wonderful june 1943 field made drawings from Solugubovka (near Leningrad) to major Riedler in Berlin

Bought this today. Apparently from Sologubovka in 1943. The pictures have been preserved remarkably well inside the aluminium tube in which they were sent to herr Major. I will be trying to figure out the Feldpost number when I have the item in my hands. Maybe some of you gents cn help me out with that one when the time comes. Nothing grand or very important in itself but certainly with a piece of forgotten history attached to it. The modern pic could very well be from approxmately the same spot as the one from 1943 (Strasse i Solugubovka)!

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Field made drawings from Solugubovka (near Leningrad) to major Riedler in Berlin   Field made drawings from Solugubovka (near Leningrad) to major Riedler in Berlin  

Field made drawings from Solugubovka (near Leningrad) to major Riedler in Berlin   Field made drawings from Solugubovka (near Leningrad) to major Riedler in Berlin  

Field made drawings from Solugubovka (near Leningrad) to major Riedler in Berlin  
    Attached Images Attached Images Field made drawings from Solugubovka (near Leningrad) to major Riedler in Berlin 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Field made drawings from Solugubovka (near Leningrad) to major Riedler in Berlin
    P
    Many

Jan
    ?

Info on the village:

SOLOGUBOVKA, a village in Kirovsk District. Population: 361. Located on the right bank of the Mga River. North-east of S. is the railway station of the same name of the Mga-Kirishi line (opened in 1919). In the 19th c. it was the Uspenskaya estate. In 1784, Catherine II granted these lands to Count I. A. Sollogub, and the estate was named after the owner. In 1837 it went to the Yusupovs (as well as the neighboring villages.) Remnants of the park have survived. In 2000, between S. and Lezye village (on the left bank of the Mga), a German military cemetery was opened under the auspices of Germany’s folk union for military burial care on the basis of the Russian-German agreement of 1992. Buried in the cemetery are the remains of 80,000 German soldiers killed in 1941-1944 and brought there from different districts of Leningrad Oblast. The Orthodox church of Assumption of the Virgin Mary at the cemetery has been restored (Lezye village.) It is intended to install a memorial sign to Soviet soldiers of the Leningrad and Volkhov Fronts who perished in WWII.

Best,

Jan

Like you said nothing grand but a great piece of history all the same, really liked the comparison photo too!..

a nice buy.

Jan
    ?

It has arrived , will get it from the post office tmr. It will be nice to read the Feldpost number and see if it fits the motive of the "artwork"

Best,

Jan