Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Fuhrerbunker plate

Article about: Not for Vegemite use! You might notice a small stamp on the back, that says:'Nur für Sauerkraut!'

?

Default Re: Fuhrerbunker plate

Not for Vegemite use!
    You might notice a small stamp on the back, that says:'Nur für Sauerkraut!'

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fuhrerbunker plate
    P
    Many

Thanks boys for your comments, It really is a terrific little historical item. I have a few ideas on how to display it which I havent been able to do as yet. I would like to get a large poster size print of the bunker, block mount it and attach the plate on the bottom left hand corner. I thought I could then get a trophy shop to make me up a small plaque explaining what it is and where it came from and I could attach that next to the plate. Nothing lairy just short and to the point, I think the background picture of the burned out bunker in front of the ruined Chancellery would really paint the picture. I'm still trying to track down a nice high res image of the pic I want but I'm sure I'll get there eventually! This is the pic I would like to have as the background for the plate, I really do think it would display the plate as it should be displayed. Thanks for your interest gents!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fuhrerbunker plate  

Great stuff! Hope the display turns out how you imagine!

?

great to see another from the bunker, I have the same plate that I got from the daughter of the vet who was in british intelligence and was one of the first british soldiers in there,he swapped it with a Russian soldier who was guarding the bunker for some cigarettes , rgds Dave

Do you have any pics of yours Dave? I'd love to see them mate!

Wow. What a piece to have...Congrats

?

heres the old thread but my pics seem to have gone a bit psychedelic https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/field...ei-plate-1052/

?

I would never sell it as I know where it came from and like it a lot , rgds Dave

I couldn't agree more Dave, mine will never be for sale either, it's just too good a piece to have, I'll never find something like this again. It'll be up to my daughter to sell long after I'm gone.

great item Dave!!! i wonder what ever happened to the rest of them?
    Cheers,
    John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast