Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Fuhrerbunker plate

Article about: Not for Vegemite use! You might notice a small stamp on the back, that says:'Nur für Sauerkraut!'

Default Fuhrerbunker plate

G'day all, this item arrived today, I'm pretty excited about it to say the least! The plate measures 152mm across and is in excellent condition. I also have a copy of a letter from the British army Officer who brought it back, I have transcribed the letter, it reads:

8th April 1995

Dear Mr Blabey,
    I picked up your recorded message yesterday evening regarding an enquiry for further details of Hitler's plate sold for me at your auction on 21st March (lot 7+6 in your catalogue)
    I am afraid there is not much I can add. As a British Army Officer I went into Hitlers bunker in Berlin a few days after Berlin fell towards the end of the war. There was still a smell of burnt paper there and little to see in the fairly small structure which was largely intact. But I did notice some shelves with about a dozen of these plates - clearly for use by the staff. I purloined one fortunately, as a less modest French Officer took several and was stopped outside by a Russian sentry! In these circumstances I had little opportunity to enquire further, but it seems pretty clear that the plate was among those for use by his personal staff, possibly including Eva Braun.
    I hope this is of some help to your enquirer - I am at his disposal,
    yours sincerley,
    J.P. Ledboer

There are a whole heap of reasons why I think this thing is terrific, according to this officers letter the war was not even over when he visited the bunker, so he must have been one of the first British Officers to see where Hitler finished up! The fact that this plate came from out of the bunker, and not just the Chancellery above it, is in itself historic. I'm really pleased to have this in my collection, I hope you all like it too! (the party badge is to give it scale)
    Cheers,
    Davo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fuhrerbunker plate   Fuhrerbunker plate  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fuhrerbunker plate
    P
    Many

Default Re: Fuhrerbunker plate

Hi Dave, that is great, the letter of provenance really makes it for me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Looks fantastic Dave, such a great and rare item. Got to be pleased to have an piece like this in your collection. You have some great stuff Dave

Jason

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Dave, that is great, the letter of provenance really makes it for me.

Cheers, Ade.
    It really does, Ade, just reading the blokes letter makes you picture the scene, when he said that he could still smell the burnt paper, incredible!

That is so true! You know when I read it the same images were conjured up in my mind.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by VolksJager View Post
    Looks fantastic Dave, such a great and rare item. Got to be pleased to have an piece like this in your collection. You have some great stuff Dave

Jason
    Cheers Jase, do you think the fuhrer would be upset if I had a piece of vegemite on toast on his plate?......lol....all jokes asside I am really pleased with this, it is great!

WOW.Outstanding.amazing

?

You must have been one happy bunny when you opened that package mate!

Well done, you've acquired a fine piece of history.

Regards,

Carl

?

Vegemite on toast and hitlers plate.....I'd do it!

JMM
    ?

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    G'day all, this item arrived today, I'm pretty excited about it to say the least! The plate measures 152mm across and is in excellent condition. I also have a copy of a letter from the British army Officer who brought it back, I have transcribed the letter, it reads:

8th April 1995

Dear Mr Blabey,
    I picked up your recorded message yesterday evening regarding an enquiry for further details of Hitler's plate sold for me at your auction on 21st March (lot 7+6 in your catalogue)
    I am afraid there is not much I can add. As a British Army Officer I went into Hitlers bunker in Berlin a few days after Berlin fell towards the end of the war. There was still a smell of burnt paper there and little to see in the fairly small structure which was largely intact. But I did notice some shelves with about a dozen of these plates - clearly for use by the staff. I purloined one fortunately, as a less modest French Officer took several and was stopped outside by a Russian sentry! In these circumstances I had little opportunity to enquire further, but it seems pretty clear that the plate was among those for use by his personal staff, possibly including Eva Braun.
    I hope this is of some help to your enquirer - I am at his disposal,
    yours sincerley,
    J.P. Ledboer

There are a whole heap of reasons why I think this thing is terrific, according to this officers letter the war was not even over when he visited the bunker, so he must have been one of the first British Officers to see where Hitler finished up! The fact that this plate came from out of the bunker, and not just the Chancellery above it, is in itself historic. I'm really pleased to have this in my collection, I hope you all like it too! (the party badge is to give it scale)
    Cheers,
    Davo.
    Hello Dave

You're a very very lucky guy. What an item to own in a collection! A real historic piece. Congrats and thanks for sharing it at the forum. Can only imagine your adrenaline levels...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast