Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

German Bicycle Bell - Hermann Schöning Nauen

Article about: First of all, my apologies if this isn't in the correct section. I have an old German bicycle bell that I obtained a few months back on eBay. I bought it from a person that I've also purchas

Default German Bicycle Bell - Hermann Schöning Nauen

First of all, my apologies if this isn't in the correct section.

I have an old German bicycle bell that I obtained a few months back on eBay. I bought it from a person that I've also purchased more items from, and I'm pretty confident that my purchases are authentic. This bicycle bell has the words "Hermann Schöning Nauen" on the face. It seemed to me like a first name and surname, along with "Nauen" which I've found out is a town in Germany. This could refer to something else, though, I'm not sure. It's in working condition, and has some surface wear on the bottom parts. It was advertised on eBay as an item dating back to the World War II era. I'm far from an expert, but it does seem like it may be from around that time. It's in working condition and every part looks to be intact. I opened it up and it almost seems to me it was dug from the ground considering there was some dirt inside. It's in very good shape for being in the ground if this is true.

I've tried researching as much as possible on this bell, and I can't find a single thing. I've tried to search even early 1900s German bicycle bells to see if I can find something close, but nothing. I figured if I could come to a popular forum, someone may know something. I can't find any serial numbers or dates at a quick glance, but I haven't really searched thoroughly. The pictures that I've provided are ones directly from the eBay listing, but I can take some pictures if necessary.

Thank you all so much for any help you can provide!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Bicycle Bell - Hermann Schöning Nauen   German Bicycle Bell - Hermann Schöning Nauen  

German Bicycle Bell - Hermann Schöning Nauen   German Bicycle Bell - Hermann Schöning Nauen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Bicycle Bell - Hermann Schöning Nauen
    P
    Many

Heimatland: There is a company in Lübeck called Schöning Verlag that sells bicycle bells and has a reference to Hermann Schöning, Nauen, Fahrradglocke with a telephone number, 0451/3103 100 and a fax number 0451/3103 130. The company’s email address is info@schoening-verlag.de and the mailing address is An der Hülshorst 5, 23568 Lübeck , Deutschland. Good luck in your research. The Best, Dwight

Thank you very much for the information! It's at least something to go on; before I had nothing at all. I'll definitely look into this company.