Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

German Glass Gobblet

Article about: Has anyone ever seen one of these before? No markings. Just the eagle engraved in the glass. Had it for a number of years and am just throwing it out there to see if anyone could identify. H

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thank you for the lesson Ned. You always amaze me (and I'm sure the collective "us") with the depth and breath of your knowledge.

And you are not a cheap date. Keens is top tier and has a wonderful Scotch selection. I myself prefer (although a step below Keens) Uncle Jacks and their "bone in" Fred Flintstone prime rib. Or should I say my dog loves it. The bone is easily 15 inches long.
    Old habits die hard my friend. I'm sure you cut a fine figure of a man walking out the restaurant with the heavily gnawed rib lodged firmly in your front trouser pocket.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Glass Gobblet
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

German Glass Gobblet
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice, but a tad overdone for my taste. I always ask them to just wipe it's ar$e and put it on the plate.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I'm not 100% sure but i understand lead crystal is not an inert substance, the sweating mentioned may be the glass leaching lead. It's been recommended for quite a while that you should not drink from or store drink in lead crystal!...

I've owned and handled lead crystal-both antique and modern, for most of my lifetime, and I have never noted this oozing. It must be, as guessed, coming from the colorization process. Lead crystal is, generally, perfectly safe to drink from if properly kept clean, but it is not recommended to Store liquor or wine in, say, a carafe or a decanter.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I keep my regular drinking bourbon in a crystal decanter, will I now start growing hair in strange places?

MAP
    ?

I must say this this has been a very educational thread on many levels. You both are included in the offer I made to Ned. That said, with 3 people I might have to scale is back to McDonald's.

Thanks.

M

And Ned it just has a nice "Char" on the outside. Inside it was Med Rare.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7