Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German WW2 floor tile from Hungary

Article about: Hey Guys, Just need some opinions on this tile... It's being sold by a seller who's usually trustworthy - and costs around 18 EU - so I don't think it's a scam...but...I want show you guys f

?

Default German WW2 floor tile from Hungary

Hey Guys,

Just need some opinions on this tile...

It's being sold by a seller who's usually trustworthy - and costs around 18 EU - so I don't think it's a scam...but...I want show you guys for some feedback.

Here is the "story": It was recovered near the city of "Szeged" ( home of the world-famous Hungarian paprika ), and it was also manufactured locally in Szeged - see the embossed "SZEGED" on the back of the tile - for a German headq. which was located in or near Szeged. After the war, the buliding's floor was not destroyed, but was covered with wooden floor...and only recenty discovered the tile flooring.

Does it have a chance?

German WW2 floor tile from HungaryGerman WW2 floor tile from HungaryGerman WW2 floor tile from Hungary

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German WW2 floor tile from Hungary
    P
    Many

Nothing I'd spend money on, friend...I personally find the idea of a Swastika-covered floor absurd...
    cheers,Glenn

were there more of these.?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    were there more of these.?
    A floor-full. (couldn't resist that one)

Its very likely to be an authentic old floor tile, but whether it has anything to do with the Third Reich (swastikas were popular good luck symbols in the pre-war era) is presumably un-provable. I would of though the collectible value would be pretty much zero, but that's just my opinion. If you like it and want it in your collection, thats fair enough.

?

Where do they come up with these things????

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Ive seen a tile for sale like this before, he said it came form a dance floor that the Germans tore up.

?

I can't say anything about the above tile but my town hall has them in every corner on the floor . Building was built before WWI . 99% of people that work there or walk on the floors don't even know that they are there .

?

ok, I was sort expecting this reaction... I was wondering, are there any floor tiles with swastikas that were actually proven to be 100% original (3rd Reich)? I usually stay away anything with swastikas - but since this guy is good seller, I did a double-take...

Here's a hand painted folk art wall tile that i have in my collection from the TR period. The tile posted, not a fan.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German WW2 floor tile from Hungary  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast