Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German ww2 SS police serving bowl

Article about: Hi there! Just wanted to ask does anyone of you know something more about this German SS police bowl. I have found similar items on Internet but not exactly this one so I was wondering is it

Default German ww2 SS police serving bowl

Hi there!

Just wanted to ask does anyone of you know something more about this German SS police bowl. I have found similar items on Internet but not exactly this one so I was wondering is it a serving bowl and were was it used? There is no factory stamp at the back. H=7 cm, D=23 cm. This apparently going to be sold on Ebay so I also wanted to know what would be the value approximately?

Any comments welcome. Thanks in advance!

p.s. sorry if I posted in the wrong discussion, new to this forum and eager to learn!
    German ww2 SS police serving bowl

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German ww2 SS police serving bowl
    P
    Many

Default Re: German ww2 SS police serving bowl

Strange form and we need more detailed pictures but as far it seems pretty OK to me.

Ask to see a VERY close up photo of the green Polizei logo, if there is smooth glaze over the logo there's a good chance of being genuine, if the logo looks like it was etched into the glaze avoid like the plague...
    I've not seen a serving bowl for sale but i saw a polizei plate in a dealers in Berlin for 125 euros.

Hey guys,
    Thanks a lot for the comments! Actually, Gunny, I must say that your comment made me to start doubting on the authenticity of this item as the logo IS on the enamel. I mean I can feel its relief when I pass my fingers on it.
    Some more picture are under the links:
    http://i48.tinypic.com/2qu5irn.jpg
    http://i47.tinypic.com/2gsede1.jpg
    http://i50.tinypic.com/fck2vt.jpg

Attachment 417015

Hmmm, please ignore my comments about the logo, after some more research i've found out that the maker Bauscher Weiden did stamp the logo into the glaze. but the item should have the manufacturers logo on it!..German ww2 SS police serving bowl

Are You sure that this SS-Reich cup is original? It does not seem original to me - I have not ever seen such WWII era cup and also logo is not OK.

German ww2 SS police serving bowl You are correct that cup is a fake, i was just using it as a referance for the logo etc. The logo should look similar to the above. sorry for any confusion.

Well, many III Reich plates have just Wehrmacht, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine or even Waffen SS marking and there is no producers name. Polizei marking looks like original to me.

?

Both items are great and period, have a couple with the SS-Reich mark myself -Great find.
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Thanks a lot for your opinions here! Well I am far from an expert on these items but this one has been laying in the garage at my country house for at least twenty years without moving it and before it was most probably well hidden by my dad somewhere so this makes me believe (additionally to what you are saying) that it is a real item. Although I do not know when they started to fake the Nazi items I just assume that it is very easy to fake them today with the technology as 20 years ago.

Thanks again!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast