Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Goering Silver

Article about: The following items came from Goering's "Treasure Train" found in a tunnel in the Obersalzburg by contingents of the 101st Airborne Division. These items were brought back as souve

Default Goering Silver

The following items came from Goering's "Treasure Train" found in a tunnel in the Obersalzburg by contingents of the 101st Airborne Division. These items were brought back as souvenirs by Colonel Walter Elkins, 101st Airborne.
    The first item is a goblet which was part of a set with Goering's coat of arms. This set was taken by General Maxwell Taylor, 101st Airborne and one given to each of his staff officer's. He had the goblets engraved "Goring's Goblet."Goering SilverGoering SilverGoering SilverGoering Silver
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Goering Silver
    P
    Many

Default Re: Goering Silver

Goering SilverGoering SilverGoering SilverAnother silver goblet, unmarked with embossed scenes of deer in the forest.
    BOB

Goering SilverGoering SilverA silver serving spoon from the wedding silver set of Goering and his second wife. The handle bears both of their coat of arms.
    These are nice items as they are the only items in the collection I can use. We bring them out at Christmas and my neighbor and I drink wine from Goering's Goblets!
    BOB

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Goering SilverGoering SilverA silver serving spoon from the wedding silver set of Goering and his second wife. The handle bears both of their coat of arms.
    These are nice items as they are the only items in the collection I can use. We bring them out at Christmas and my neighbor and I drink wine from Goering's Goblets!
    Nice one Bob !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

[QUOTE=BOB COLEMAN
    These are nice items as they are the only items in the collection I can use. We bring them out at Christmas and my neighbor and I drink wine from Goering's Goblets![/QUOTE]

Wonderful items Bob, thank you for sharing those with us all, and a super way to utilise something from your collection too. Cheers!

Regards,

Carl

?

Your one lucky man and the envy of this forum and much of the world, Bob! Thanks for sharing these fine items. I was in fact, just reading about such items in that train in a great book entitled, " Nazi Plunder: Great treasure stories of world war II",author:Alford. I wonder how Herr Goering felt when the US Army told him his precious Vermeer painting was in fact a fake! Maybe he already knew , after all, he did give it to Frau Gormanns during his attempted escape. He also commited suicide the day after he found out, though...?
    ~Dean

?

Bob - Nice , great that you use them.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Great items Bob and thanks for sharing them with us commoners!

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Excellent Bob, I expect many of us wish we could say we use Goering's silver at Christmas.

I also expect many of us are slightly green with envy too........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I reckon the fat fella would roll in his grave if he knew! That's brilliant Bob.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast