Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Goering Sterling Silver Flatware piece

Article about: Hello--new to the forum, but finding good information. I recently purchased a box of misc. items at an auction. I only wanted one piece from the box (a micrometer), but there was another ite

Default Goering Sterling Silver Flatware piece

Hello--new to the forum, but finding good information. I recently purchased a box of misc. items at an auction. I only wanted one piece from the box (a micrometer), but there was another item that was definitely not run-of-the-mill. It has an French assay stamp (Minerva's head) and a maker's stamp (Emile Puiforcat). I researched the crest and it belongs to Hermann Goering. The item is a lobster pick. The assay mark indicates that it's 95% silver and it's solid, not plated.

I contacted Germania International to see if it was authentic (they had photos on their site of similar pieces). I've found other photos on other auction sites so I feel it's authentic. Germania made me an offer, but I think I could do better if I can find someone who collects nice silver flatware from this era. I wondered if you could point me to someone or a site where things like this can be posted?

Many thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Goering Sterling Silver Flatware piece   Goering Sterling Silver Flatware piece  

Last edited by kcole814; 05-03-2012 at 10:00 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Goering Sterling Silver Flatware piece
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Goering Sterling Silver Flatware piece

Welcome to the forum,

Might I suggest that you sign up as a Gold Club Member (see the top of the home page), and then utilise the classifieds section to advertise your item(s), rather than just announce yourself with a post such as this? This forum is full of very useful information, and takes many, many people a lot of time to create, maintain and indeed control. It is something to learn from, and to be appreciated, and not just to be used as a platform for advertisements.

I intend no offence with this reply to your post, I merely wish to point out that you have found a very useful reference site here, and it should be respected and appreciated appropriately.

Regards,

Carl

My apologies...most forums I've used are open and free. I had not delved deep enough to see there was a membership option nor note the classifieds section. I've been in information overload researching this item and found out that eBay will not let me post it there. This is a new realm for me and I did not mean to offend. Thank you for the information.

You can certainly post pictures of it here for opinions and you can also sell it in the classified section. You can post items for opinions without being a member, though it is always good to get people to join and help support the costs of running the forum.

I was a member for more than 6 months before I payed the fee and joined. You can also just make a small donation, if you find you have been helped.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by kcole814 View Post
    My apologies...most forums I've used are open and free. I had not delved deep enough to see there was a membership option nor note the classifieds section. I've been in information overload researching this item and found out that eBay will not let me post it there. This is a new realm for me and I did not mean to offend. Thank you for the information.
    No apology necessary, and you are welcome to the information. I simply wanted to raise the awareness level of the benefits to be had, from such a membership.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. I wouldn't bother with e(vil)Bay to be honest...

Is it possible to see a photo of it? Also, just a suggestion...don't place too much weight on anything Germania has to say. Not the best rep company...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Wagriff, you are much kinder than Germania warrants.

Mark

When I get more than a couple of minutes, I will post it in the classified section. I've been reading a bit about Germania and I agree with your assessment.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Goering Sterling Silver Flatware piece   Goering Sterling Silver Flatware piece  

Added the pics direct to you post for you.

And a big thank you for supporting the forum! Good luck with your future sale.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Indeed, well done for joining and it looks pretty good, though not something I would claim to have a lot of knowledge on. The detailing looks too well done to be bogus in my limited opinion.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.