Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gumtree con artist.

Article about: Hello chaps, just thought I'd forwarn anyone who uses Gumtree to beware of this guy from the Essex area. 1944 German SS Pocket Watch in Essex | Hobbies, Interests & Collectibles for Sale

Default Gumtree con artist.

Hello chaps,

just thought I'd forwarn anyone who uses Gumtree to beware of this guy from the Essex area.

1944 German SS Pocket Watch in Essex | Hobbies, Interests & Collectibles for Sale | Gumtree.com

Gumtree con artist.

He's currently listing about 10 items mainly militaria but a few phones in there too. One ad leads to photo's of other militaria including TR items. I bought a pair of 1942 dated U.S wirecutters in their pouch from him about 10 days ago which have never turned up. Last reply to my enquiries about their whereabouts was 'at work will check later'.

Since Tuesday he hasn't even bothered replying to my emails and won't answer the phone. They were only £25 but it's just not cricket is it? £7.20 bloody postage too!

Stupidly I ticked the little 'friends and family' box in Paypal to save a few bob in fees his end which means I have foresworn my right to open a case against him now. Silly me!!

Anyway, not a great amount to lose but as he is now posting items of much higher value I thought it best to make the honest folk here aware.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gumtree con artist.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Gumtree con artist.

its a load of crap.

Sounds like a bit of a wide boy!.....

Report it to Gumtree. They will ban his account.

I might be wrong but I think paypal has changed recently so you can now dispute 'gift' payments, might be worth a look?

Chris.

I've tried with Paypal and have been prevented from taking it any further because of the 'gift' button I pressed. What galls me more than anything is that I messaged the seller telling him I'd press the 'gift' button to save him a few quid, and the swine treats me like that.

I might take it up with Gumtree tomorrow but they can be funny sometimes and do make a point of advising you to avoid buying away from your own locality. I've bought some great bargains from them over the years and might just have to put it down to experience.

It might be worth the drive.........
    Regards,

Steve.