Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

A.H Ash tray

Article about: Hi all, Picked this up via a deceased estate at auction sometime ago .It was purchased by me as an unknown piece ,and was alledgedly picked up during the war .I have read the various discuss

Default A.H Ash tray.... Allach (from the tea service set of Adolf Hitler? )

Hi all,
    Picked this up via a deceased estate at auction sometime ago .It was purchased by me as an unknown piece ,and was alledgedly picked up during the war .I have read the various discussions on the subject and it appears there are two opinions on the authentictity of these peices....
    Anyway the last one of these whent for silly money ,so someone also believes the sevice sets for AH are genuine. I find it hard to doubt due to how i aquired it .
    I dont know ,but looking forward to any discussion on the topic !!
    cheers
    steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A.H Ash tray   A.H Ash tray  

A.H Ash tray   A.H Ash tray  

Last edited by arrestingu; 12-08-2012 at 04:48 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A.H Ash tray
    P
    Many

Default Re: A.H Ash tray

Whew ! - For a second I thought this was going to be some brass
    thing with Hitler's head in relief at the center !

Can't give you any info one way or the other on originality,
    but I actually like this piece, and I hope you got it
    for a good price.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

I to like it but wasn't hitler an ex smoker whom hated smoking? Why would he have his initials on a ashtray? Just an opinion, not specking on the authenticity of this item.

Hi Steve,
    Yes i picked it up for peanuts from the old boys estate,just checking all though the sites and was surprised how much debate there is regarding the AH table sets. Some say they are wrong otherwise sumise that there were a few sets produced but not through the usual Allach factories...i personally like it, some may not !! yet again in these unconfirmed cases ,ie no clear documentary evidence in pattern books ,it depends which side of the fence you sit on !! I was shocked to see how much an identical ash tray went for !! so like i said some collectors think they are probably correct .
    cheers
    steve

...tablesets included Ash Trays !!

There might be questions about the way the Allach mark and the AH/Eagle logos
    are applied, but the porcelain looks good and has age. If it is a fake - not saying
    it is - it's a very good one - the artist must have followed the design
    of an existing AH ashtray.

Let's hear some other opinions.........
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 12-08-2012 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Additions and spelling.........
    Regards,

Steve.

further pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A.H Ash tray   A.H Ash tray  

personally i like the way the eagles been beautifully done,its very well defined ,crisp edges ,extream high qulity ,aging seems correct and not faked .
    ..........steve

...my gut feeling is it is a genuine piece.
    But thats just me,obviously there is an ongoing debate on these tea service sets ,but i would like think its just a matter of time until definate ducumentary evidence surfaces.
    its one hell of a fake if its wrong !! as it is a stunning little piece !!!
    cheers
    steve

It is probably genuine. Porzellan Manufaktur Allach was was an SS corporation from 1933 to 1945 that used prisoners from Dachau for some of its labor. The Allach logo consisted of stylized SS runes. Here is an example of Allach porceline used at the berghof. Dwight
    A.H Ash tray

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast