Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

A.H Ash tray

Article about: Hi all, Picked this up via a deceased estate at auction sometime ago .It was purchased by me as an unknown piece ,and was alledgedly picked up during the war .I have read the various discuss

?

Default Re: A.H Ash tray

I'm extremely sceptical on this piece. These are part of a much larger dinner service all with the gold AH initials and eagle.

The only places I've seen them for sale are from the dealers German Teutonia and good old Charlie Snyder. Neither of whom have a very good reputation in the collecting community. In fact German Teutonia state that only three of these dinner services were made. They have one, Charlie appears to have one which means there is one more left. Somewhere. If you want to believe them of course.

My knowledge of Allach porcelain can be written on the back of a postage stamp so I won't embarrass myself by saying fake or real, just to not get carried away and to research the piece thoroughly.

I did a quick search and didn't find any proof this is an original piece.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A.H Ash tray
    P
    Many

Adrian is right that that none of us has absolute proof that this piece is genuine. But Walkwolf correctly notes that the porcelain looks good and has aging. For my part, The gold eagle looks like other examples I have seen and the Allach logo also looks like the others I have seen. The dinner set shown above was offerred by Live Auctioneers as was this next piece. I don't know anything about them, but I deliberately stayed away from anything Charles Snyder offered. The logo is from the Bundesarchiv. I offer these photos for comparison and study without making any claim of authenticity. But like arrestingu, my gut feeling is that the piece under consideration is genuine. Dwight

A.H Ash tray

A.H Ash tray

In my opinion, almost certainly a genuine Allach piece from Hitler's service. I see no problems with it at all.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    I to like it but wasn't hitler an ex smoker whom hated smoking? Why would he have his initials on a ashtray? Just an opinion, not specking on the authenticity of this item.

Thats what I was thinking. For somebody who hated smoking to have his Personal emblem on something used for that habit just seems strange. I know alot of people that quit and they are TOTALLY Anti Smoking and they want nothing to do with it. But maybe he had them out by a smoking pit outside.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Hitler was not a smoker, but, as a head of State, he certainly had many people that Did smoke-Himmler, for one,being a prominent cigar smoker...
    William

I know hitler hated smokers; and believe he was an ex smoker as well. This info. comes from a special on the history channel, so take it w/a grain of salt. On the other hand, I would assume no matter how much he hated smoking, he MAY have an ashtray for others. Just my opinion. I know nothing of the item in question, never been something I studied nor collected.

?

I'm not sure how trusted Fold.3 is but this was under Himmler biography.
    "For the most part, Himmler abstained from drinking alcohol and smoking. He frequently had stomach pains, for which he received massage therapy from his personal masseur Felix Kersten."

True that, but take a look at a few of the photos in this old thread....it looks like Heinie refused to give up his beloved stogies.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/photo...nature-137591/
    William

?

So much for Fold.3!!Because that sure does look like a nice stogie in his hand!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Do or die
    ! Phil

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast